Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those who chose to stay....
Those who chose to stay....
....are fucking inconsiderate. 200 people have been rescued and another 150 wait rescuing.  All because they wanted to wait it out. Evidently it's perfectly okay to put a rescuer's life on the line because of the ignorant.

New Bern flood waters rise

Quote:NEW BERN 

Despite a mandatory evacuation ordered Tuesday, Craven County emergency crews reported rescuing multiple residents from Hurricane Florence floodwaters through the early morning Friday.

Further down in the article: 

Quote:The rescues began around 4 p.m. Thursday, Craven County spokeswoman Amber Parker said.

Parker said emergency crews were doing their best to reach areas that were “just too dangerous” because of extreme flooding, storm surges, and winds of 40 mph to 50 mph.

It is unreal the number of people who decided to ride this out. Hopefully they will learn a lesson. Just now hearing from the Weather Channel that a child has died due to a tree falling on the family home. 

I'm sorry - but in what fucking reality does anyone think it a great idea to stick around with their children when a hurricane is knocking on the damn door? When you're told to evacuate - leave. Go however you need to but just go. Putting your families lives in harm's way makes you a shitty and a foolish parent.  /rant
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Those who chose to stay....
A mother and her infant have already been killed. I don’t know why people do it.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
For some, they just don't have the resources or the ability to leave. I don't know to what extent that applies to Florence and North Carolina, but in situations like New Orleans, many remained because they didn't have cars or had no place to go. Even if the obstacles toward evacuating are not prohibitive, they can be substantially burdensome enough, both resource wise as well as emotionally, to discourage evacuation and encourage riding it out. To say nothing of the effectiveness of denial in convincing people they have little or nothing to lose by remaining. And then there's the issue of people feeling protective of their homes, as well as feeling safer in them than leaving them. It's not always a cut and dried affair.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You make wise points, Jor. It's just frustrating when you hear about people who could have left, who had the resources to leave, but didn't want to go. I understand and sympathize with those who can't go. But for those who can - shame on them for their selfish thinking.

Property can be replaced. That's what insurance is for. Lives, however, cannot and I just wish that people would use their damn heads.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Sadly, not everyone can afford to pack up and leave.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I get that and stated my position on it. My gripe isn't with those people. It's with those who CAN leave, yet chose not to.
I heard that some animal shelters are so over crowded that they are considering extra euthanasia.

Yeah, here it is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2...edirect=on

If ya can't care for them during times of stress, DON'T OWN PETS!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One of those things... Apollo 26 1985 December 14, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1786 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Couldn't stay away. Foxaèr 2 280 January 31, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For those of you with tails, a question. Gawdzilla Sama 9 824 November 19, 2018 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Question for those not raised in religious homes Bahana 21 1248 September 16, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1155 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Time To Stay Indoors, Asshole Minimalist 6 884 April 23, 2018 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Joods
  Now do you understand why I said STAY AWAY! brewer 12 1546 June 15, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are you kind only to those who are kind to you? *Deidre* 93 9052 September 3, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  For those who are always twisting peoples words... IanHulett 1 923 July 20, 2015 at 12:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus