Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thought on hummus, actually.
A thought on hummus, actually.
I am a full supporter of Chips and dips and i will defend their party-validity to the death if need be .But one trend we need to put to rest is the " hummus is healthy idea" i get it it's a good way to push for dips at parties .But it's simplistic and ignores the science that olive oil is an unhealthy fluid. I know this will leave an opening for swinging loons to say that binging chips and dips is "bad for you " or can be "replaced with soup " this can safely be dismissed as lunchables do not imply one needs to be a boring fuckwad obsessed with eating healthy .
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
RE: A thought on hummus, actually.
(September 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm)Mr.Obvious Wrote: I am a full supporter of Chips and dips and i will defend their party-validity to the death if need be .But one trend we need to put to rest is the " hummus is healthy idea" i get it it's a good way to push for dips at parties .But it's simplistic and ignores the science that olive oil  is an unhealthy fluid. I know this will leave an opening for  swinging loons to say that binging chips and dips is "bad for you " or can be "replaced with soup " this can safely be dismissed as lunchables do not imply one needs to be a boring fuckwad obsessed with eating healthy .

Hello Mr. Obvious.... Long time listener first time caller.

What kind of idiot thinks that soup is snack food?   Tongue
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Forget healthy.

Hummus is just good.
Olive oil and chickpeas are healthy fats. Check yoself before you wreck yoself

Also hummus is a tastier dip than anything else you could possibly bring. I love pita chips. I love hummus. Cant stop. Won't stop.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I make damn good hummus.

In fact, I think I'll make some when I get home.
On the chips-dip front, I'm on the side of ALL dips (except guac - I'm not an eedjit).  But be forewarned - double dippers will be forcibly ejected.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 18, 2018 at 4:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: On the chips-dip front, I'm on the side of ALL dips (except guac - I'm not an eedjit).  But be forewarned - double dippers will be forcibly ejected.

Boru

I thought that there was a five second rule on double dipping?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(September 18, 2018 at 5:04 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(September 18, 2018 at 4:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: On the chips-dip front, I'm on the side of ALL dips (except guac - I'm not an eedjit).  But be forewarned - double dippers will be forcibly ejected.

Boru

I thought that there was a five second rule on double dipping?

Barbarian!   Angry
(September 18, 2018 at 4:18 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(September 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm)Mr.Obvious Wrote: I am a full supporter of Chips and dips and i will defend their party-validity to the death if need be .But one trend we need to put to rest is the " hummus is healthy idea" i get it it's a good way to push for dips at parties .But it's simplistic and ignores the science that olive oil  is an unhealthy fluid. I know this will leave an opening for  swinging loons to say that binging chips and dips is "bad for you " or can be "replaced with soup " this can safely be dismissed as lunchables do not imply one needs to be a boring fuckwad obsessed with eating healthy .

Hello Mr. Obvious.... Long time listener first time caller.

What kind of idiot thinks that soup is snack food?   Tongue

The aristocrats.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
This is just garbanzo. 

I've got to take a pea now.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 791 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 968 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This is how bored I actually am Cod 0 383 October 2, 2019 at 7:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1676 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1133 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A thought on Homosexuality Amarok 44 2792 September 19, 2018 at 1:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A thought on asexuality I_am_not_mafia 9 1076 September 18, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A thought on heterosexuality Foxaèr 6 831 September 18, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1127 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Songs That Sound Like They're From The 80's But Aren't Actually From The 80's Edwardo Piet 0 589 December 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet