Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thought on Homosexuality
A thought on Homosexuality
I am a full supporter of LGBT rights and i will defend them to the death if need be .But one trend we need to put to rest is the " born that way idea" i get it it's a good way to push for gay rights .But it's simplistic and ignores the science that sexuality is fluid. I know this will leave an opening for Right wing loons to say the Homosexuality is a "choice " or can be "cured " this can safely be dismissed as changeable does not imply a choice or the ability to alter it at will .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: A thought on Homosexuality
Very true and on point, Tiz.
(September 17, 2018 at 12:05 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: Very true and on point, Tiz.
Thank you  Smile
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I don't know if I was born that way, because I had no attractions to anyone pre-puberty. It was when the hormones kicked in at puberty that I felt a sexual attraction toward those of the same gender and no sexual attraction toward those of the opposite gender. Also, I wouldn't consider my sexuality to be fluid so much as it is solid.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 17, 2018 at 12:34 am)Kit Wrote: I don't know if I was born that way, because I had no attractions to anyone pre-puberty.  It was when the hormones kicked in at puberty that I felt a sexual attraction toward those of the same gender and no sexual attraction toward those of the opposite gender.  Also, I wouldn't consider my sexuality to be fluid so much as it is solid.
I may point out thou fluidity theory argues that overtime feelings change or that gay or straight people can find certain specific members of the opposite gender attractive .This is why many gay people have had straight relationships. But in your case it maybe firmer then most .

Inuit Proverb

I don't think that anyone who contends that they were born the way they are is suggesting that they fell out of the womb thinking "mmmm, penis". 

IDK about anybody else, but I knew girls were pretty by kindergarten. Could have been earlier, but I don't really have many memories before that. If you asked my mom, she'd tell you I've pretty much always loved tits. Wink

As an observer, watching four kids, from kindergarten to fourth grade....all of em are known quantities at this point.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah, sexuality is pretty fluid, but not evenly so for everyone. Some are way over on the hetero side while others way over on the other end. I think "born that way" is more true for some than others.
(September 17, 2018 at 1:10 am)Whateverist Wrote: Yeah, sexuality is pretty fluid, but not evenly so for everyone.  Some are way over on the hetero side while others way over on the other end.  I think "born that way" is more true for some than others.
As i said to Kit it varies some more then others

Inuit Proverb

I don't find it relevant whether someone is born gay, becomes gay at some point or even somehow chooses to be gay. It's no one's business but their own.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 17, 2018 at 3:40 am)robvalue Wrote: I don't find it relevant whether someone is born gay, becomes gay at some point or even somehow chooses to be gay. It's no one's business but their own.
While all this is true i just thought the distinction needed to be said that change does not equal choice .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 956 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1623 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A thought on hummus, actually. Mr.Obvious 24 978 September 19, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1117 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A thought on asexuality I_am_not_mafia 9 1069 September 18, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A thought on heterosexuality Foxaèr 6 827 September 18, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1119 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  I'm sick of religious binary thought! ignoramus 23 4797 August 23, 2017 at 5:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I think Homosexuality leads to AIDS and obesity Renug 13 3464 May 29, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K