Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me too
Me too
I was once an intellectual prisoner of religion and psychologically tortured by theists' fallacious cloaks of love covering the pure hate they harbored inside of themselves for anything and anyone different than they were.

I broke free of those chains and discovered a freedom of happiness that scares theists because their delusions dissociate them from the reason associated with an embrace of reality.

Religion never earned my trust.  Rather, it demanded it as it illogically does of the concept of faith.  Therefore, it was easy enough to distrust in that which used lies and manipulations to maintain a stronghold, because trust has to be reciprocated by something genuine rather than imaginary tethers to a supernatural force that has no evidence to support its existence.

All I ever needed was a healthy dosage of doubt, for that alone freed me of the religious prison in which I had fortified myself against reality.

I was a victim of religion and never ending theistic lies.  No more will I be oppressed for being the me that I am, for I am better than a damaging religious institution of nonacceptance.

One, after all, is found through personal introspection rather than the detriment of theistic sheep mentality.  I was given a brain, so why not use it?  I have a unique personality, so why be like anyone else?
RE: Me too
Welcome to.... facing reality as a human being. Guess that is something to be proud of. For some reason
(October 7, 2018 at 12:01 am)Kit Wrote: I was once an intellectual prisoner of religion and psychologically tortured by theists' fallacious cloaks of love covering the pure hate they harbored inside of themselves for anything and anyone different than they were.

I broke free of those chains and discovered a freedom of happiness that scares theists because their delusions dissociate them from the reason associated with an embrace of reality.

Religion never earned my trust.  Rather, it demanded it as it illogically does of the concept of faith.  Therefore, it was easy enough to distrust in that which used lies and manipulations to maintain a stronghold, because trust has to be reciprocated by something genuine rather than imaginary tethers to a supernatural force that has no evidence to support its existence.

All I ever needed was a healthy dosage of doubt, for that alone freed me of the religious prison in which I had fortified myself against reality.

I was a victim of religion and never ending theistic lies.  No more will I be oppressed for being the me that I am, for I am better than a damaging religious institution of nonacceptance.

One, after all, is found through personal introspection rather than the detriment of theistic sheep mentality.  I was given a brain, so why not use it?  I have a unique personality, so why be like anyone else?

It's plain to see that you're harboring plenty of hate towards others within yourself. Let go of that hate and then you might be truly happy.
Kit, what do you think about young nuns?
(October 7, 2018 at 12:12 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Kit, what do you think about young nuns?

Unless they're like Maria or Mary, I don't give them much thought.  

Otherwise, they'll probably just become old, cranky nuns.
(October 7, 2018 at 12:37 pm)Kit Wrote:
(October 7, 2018 at 12:12 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Kit, what do you think about young nuns?

Unless they're like Maria or Mary, I don't give them much thought.  

Otherwise, they'll probably just become old, cranky nuns.

Having spent my youth in Catholic schools, the vast majority of the nuns I knew were cranky and mean, regardless of age. Most of them were also religious nut cases. Wacky
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Gwaithmir: "....the vast majority of the nuns I knew were cranky and mean, regardless of age. Most of them were also religious nut cases."

Isn't that a prerequisite for becoming god's bride?
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 24764 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3967 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Too many near death experiences purplepurpose 77 17162 November 13, 2017 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  A very good Friday to you, too, sir. Nanny 2 1071 April 14, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How to debunk the first cause argument without trying too hard Dystopia 206 45140 September 21, 2015 at 11:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too young to be an atheist... piterski123 32 5008 April 29, 2015 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Jericho
  Do we expect too much from human reason? Whateverist 132 25710 March 6, 2015 at 9:48 am
Last Post: comet
  Either way - It's almost too amazing to be true. Mystic 37 6889 April 22, 2014 at 7:25 am
Last Post: archangle
  I'm too dumb to be an atheist JesusLover1 105 21248 March 10, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Some religions are secular- Atheists should oppose these too Puddleglum 44 18777 September 19, 2012 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger