Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When someone does something unforgivable
When someone does something unforgivable
Let's take this situation: someone close to someone else has done something really bad to the latter by mistake. The one who has been wronged thinks: "If I told them what they did wrong, they'll ask me for forgiveness, which I really can't give them, even if they didn't meant to hurt me, even if they learn their lesson. I can't help but see their action as that bad. Why bother to talk to them in the first place if they'll end up asking for something impossible?"
The angry one does consider the other one a mostly good person, but can't help but remeber the action every time both of them meet.
So the upset one cuts contact (maybe not entirely) and the other one doesn't like it nor knows why.
What do you think should the one who has been wronged do?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: When someone does something unforgivable
I'm reminded of, I believe it was Netanyahu who, upon being asked about Reagan visiting a German war memorial said, "When a friend makes a mistake, the friend remains a friend, and the mistake remains a mistake." The relationships worth having can weather such things. Those that can't probably weren't very strong to begin with. I try to forgive in advance, independent of whether someone has asked for forgiveness or not. All the same, I broke up with my best friend a few years ago when she berated me about a religious matter and explicitly chose not to acknowledge my belief in a (Hindu) god. It probably wasn't only the religious offense, but a combination of that and being on the end of her general unreasonableness in expressing her anger. She'd been mean to people in my experience prior to that, but never to me personally. I didn't want to ever go through that again.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 31, 2018 at 5:57 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: Let's take this situation: someone close to someone else has done something really bad to the latter by mistake. The one who has been wronged thinks: "If I told them what they did wrong, they'll ask me for forgiveness, which I really can't give them, even if they didn't meant to hurt me, even if they learn their lesson. I can't help but see their action as that bad. Why bother to talk to them in the first place if they'll end up asking for something impossible?"
The angry one does consider the other one a mostly good person, but can't help but remeber the action every time both of them meet.
So the upset one cuts contact (maybe not entirely) and the other one doesn't like it nor knows why.

Talk to that person anyway.  If they ask for forgiveness and you can't provide it, so be it.  But it is important to let them know what they've done and how much they've hurt you.  Don't let it fester.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Turn into StabbyMcStabface.

If it was truly a mistake, tell the person (if they don't know) then forgive. That does not mean forget.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Can't say without being given more details. Depends on how bad the action was, and if it's something they only did once. If whatever was done was done by mistake, and the offender is otherwise a mostly good person, I would probably just let it go and just contact them again, no problem. But if it's really affecting the offended what the offender did, perhaps the offended should have a word about this with the offender, if only to let it all out and prevent further resentment later down the track. Then they can forgive the offender at a later time (should they opt to do so).
It could be I' ve been binge watching too many episodes of "The Vikings" - but slitting their throat and caving in their skull with a large axe seems appropriate.

Ask me again in a couple weeks.....

Tongue
(October 31, 2018 at 9:38 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It could be I' ve been binge watching too many episodes of "The Vikings" - but slitting their throat and caving in their skull with a large axe seems appropriate.

Tongue

Blood Eagle!
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 31, 2018 at 5:57 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: Let's take this situation: someone close to someone else has done something really bad to the latter by mistake. The one who has been wronged thinks: "If I told them what they did wrong, they'll ask me for forgiveness, which I really can't give them, even if they didn't meant to hurt me, even if they learn their lesson. I can't help but see their action as that bad. Why bother to talk to them in the first place if they'll end up asking for something impossible?"

It depends on the nature of the incident, and the relationship between the people involved. I, personally, default to open and honest communication, and then adjust as the situation dictates.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(October 31, 2018 at 9:44 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(October 31, 2018 at 9:38 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It could be I' ve been binge watching too many episodes of "The Vikings" - but slitting their throat and caving in their skull with a large axe seems appropriate.

Tongue

Blood Eagle!

I laughed at that one. "If he screams he will be barred from Valhalla"..

Obviously the writers don't understand how lungs work - or even the basics of the plumbing or bone structure.

As soon as the back was opened - the diaphragm would lose the ability to create pressure differential in the chest cavity - effectively " stalling" breathing. The victim would be unconscious in short order - and totally unable to vocalize - let alone scream...

But, great TV...

Smile
Quote:the diaphragm would lose the ability to create pressure differential in the chest cavity

Odin could make it work.  Compared to that pussy jesus, Odin is a tough hombre.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why? EgoDeath 30 3880 June 29, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Why do I feel so awkward when someone refuses a present from me? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2167 March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Someone close to me....... Brian37 21 1684 May 4, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: AgnosAtheis
  When someone wishes to abuse cuts the contact Der/die AtheistIn 8 973 April 2, 2019 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What happens when someone fakes being abused? Der/die AtheistIn 16 1669 April 1, 2019 at 6:31 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Do you think ignoring someone completely is sometimes a good idea? Der/die AtheistIn 12 1037 March 21, 2019 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1020 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Is it possible to love someone you will never forgive? Der/die AtheistIn 13 1786 May 24, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama