Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When someone wishes to abuse cuts the contact
When someone wishes to abuse cuts the contact
Let's say that someone feels tempted to abuse someone else, but at the same time doesn't. Maybe they used to be in an abusive relationship or maybe they didn't. Anyway, the former decides to cut contact with the latter and explains why. But the one who is in danger of being abused cares about the other one and insists that they should continue talking. The one who feels the temptation to abuse would still prefer not to take any risks, so what should be done?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: When someone wishes to abuse cuts the contact
What should be done is, you should seek counselling. You are becoming increasingly morbid as each day passes. It's not healthy, you need help.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I don't know what to say to you any more. You seem to like being a victim.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 1, 2019 at 6:42 pm)wyzas Wrote: I don't know what to say to you any more. You seem to like being a victim.

Maybe I am guilty of this on some level. I don't do this for attention, it's because I have questions. Mom did a mistake and made me really mad and now I feel tempted to abuse her. She didn't abuse me, the mistake was lack of communication. I believe that because I was wronged I feel like justice needs to be served and that I don't deserve being in such a situation. 
I believe that maybe ending the relationship would be the safest option.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
(April 1, 2019 at 6:53 pm)Der/die AtheistIn Wrote:
(April 1, 2019 at 6:42 pm)wyzas Wrote: I don't know what to say to you any more. You seem to like being a victim.

Maybe I am guilty of this on some level. I don't do this for attention, it's because I have questions. Mom did a mistake and made me really mad and now I feel tempted to abuse her. She didn't abuse me, the mistake was lack of communication. I believe that because I was wronged I feel like justice needs to be served and that I don't deserve being in such a situation. 

What Succubus said.  Get help.  Get it now.  Don't wait.  You have issues that aren't going to be solved on a message board.  You need counselling and you need it sooner rather than later.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

No matter what someone might do to you, acting out of revenge is not the answer. I would seriously suggest you find counselling and move out. Nothing is worth injury, death or prison. You are not going to find any advice here justifying harm to yourself or others.

As Brian pointed out what I highlighted isn't justice it's revenge. I do find it ironic that your posit a termination of communication in response to a mistake of communication. Most people try and work out their differences and repair communication. I think you're personally far too deeply rooted in your headspace and care far too much about getting what you want right now. If you have your own space exercise some control over that and make some decisions on where you want to be in 3 years, then micro task that stuff. Patience for fruit.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(April 1, 2019 at 6:53 pm)Der/die AtheistIn Wrote:

Justice? You mean vengeance.
(April 2, 2019 at 9:53 am)Acrobat Wrote:
(April 1, 2019 at 6:53 pm)Der/die AtheistIn Wrote: Maybe I am guilty of this on some level. I don't do this for attention, it's because I have questions. Mom did a mistake and made me really mad and now I feel tempted to abuse her. She didn't abuse me, the mistake was lack of communication. I believe that because I was wronged I feel like justice needs to be served and that I don't deserve being in such a situation. 

Justice? You mean vengeance.

I don't mind the word "Justice" but like any word, that can be subjective.

I do not like the old "eye for an eye" interpretation.

But I do think, there is a lagit concept of "justice" in finding the truth, and containment, not revenge, but pursuit of truth, and when proven, the containment of harmful actions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the world supply of bagels a good social measurement of sexual abuse worldwide or BananaFlambe 11 1030 December 4, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nobody wishes me a happy BD WinterHold 12 1264 April 24, 2023 at 10:58 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why? EgoDeath 30 3885 June 29, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Why do I feel so awkward when someone refuses a present from me? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2175 March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Someone close to me....... Brian37 21 1687 May 4, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: AgnosAtheis
  What happens when someone fakes being abused? Der/die AtheistIn 16 1671 April 1, 2019 at 6:31 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Should you ever get revenge through abuse? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1099 March 21, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Do you think ignoring someone completely is sometimes a good idea? Der/die AtheistIn 12 1040 March 21, 2019 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1022 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  When someone does something unforgivable Der/die AtheistIn 17 1613 November 1, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist