Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain shape 'shows political allegiance'
Brain shape 'shows political allegiance'
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/8573752/...llegiance/
undefined
RE: Brain shape 'shows political allegiance'
WTF...
As I said to ziggy last night, this is old news. Us on the right have known that leftists' brains are tiny for years. Wink
I suspect that there's more of a difference between those who are socially conservative and socially liberal, Adrian, in which case you'd probably fall more into the latter category. In which case, you're pea-brained too. Smile
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
(December 29, 2010 at 5:33 am)Tiberius Wrote: As I said to ziggy last night, this is old news. Us on the right have known that leftists' brains are tiny for years. Wink

That's because we don't have a gross tumor in place of our amygdala. Big Grin
(December 29, 2010 at 5:33 am)Tiberius Wrote: As I said to ziggy last night, this is old news. Us on the right have known that leftists' brains are tiny for years. Wink

Come to America........ I want to see how you agree with OUR righties.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(December 30, 2010 at 6:22 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote:

That depends on which ones you mean. Republicans? Not so much. Libertarians? All the way.

But the leftist doesn't have both tiny brains and big heads like those on the right.

(December 31, 2010 at 9:59 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 30, 2010 at 6:22 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote:

That depends on which ones you mean. Republicans? Not so much. Libertarians? All the way.

I think in this case it applies to republicans...
I hadn't seen that. Yet another nature /nurture debate with a dubious premise.

Some tiny problems with the methodology:

What the sample size?

Self reporting is notoriously unreliable.The test needs to be evidence based.

Correlation does not equal causation. So,interesting and worth pursuing,but no more than that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man completely paralyzed by ALS asks for a beer via brain implant TaraJo 14 1059 March 26, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 364 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  [Serious] Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established Fake Messiah 9 996 November 18, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Screen time and the preschool brain brewer 8 759 November 6, 2019 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The brain Drich 140 17413 May 15, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Human brain genes in monkeys popeyespappy 5 515 April 12, 2019 at 5:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Diets according to brain biologist from Russia purplepurpose 10 1800 November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Religion Wires the Brain to Believe Nonsense Devout-Humanist 4 1052 October 17, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pedophilia Brain Defect brewer 26 11433 June 8, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The connection between religion and neuropsychological processes in the human brain Aroura 9 2257 March 10, 2017 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus