Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Sagan: A Universe Not Made For Us
Carl Sagan: A Universe Not Made For Us
Something to upset the religitards this morning.

Sagan was fantastic.
RE: Carl Sagan: A Universe Not Made For Us
(April 24, 2017 at 3:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Something to upset the religitards this morning.

Sagan was fantastic.

His "Pale Blue Dot" speech is also fantastic.
I read most of Sagans books when I was younger but had not seen this before.
He is just as brilliant as I remember.

It's a bit weird that he sounds like Agent Smith from the Matrix (when Smith is trying to be cool and convincing). I wonder if this was done on purpose by Hugo Weaving?
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
Ask and ye shall be rewarded.....

See?  Unlike Dripshit's silly god when you A/S/K me, I deliver!
Feynman was also good on why belief is stupid:

Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I think it's rather romantic to think God went to all the trouble just for us.
(April 24, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I think it's rather romantic to think God went to all the trouble just for us.

"us" ?

Like the druids, sun worshippers and animists ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 24, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I think it's rather romantic to think God went to all the trouble just for us.

Makes your 'god' out to be a clusterfuck of a designer, doesn't it.  Wasteful mother.
Indeed romantic is not the word I would use either "moronic"  would be the word I would use
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

And I bet you think it would be romantic if we didn't' treat you like the worthless infantile moron you are, and instead spend our time humoring you while you pretend to have a claim to some infinitesimal measure of respect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 3013 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  We can only see 4% of the universe ! WinterHold 25 2835 January 30, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9537 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Made for TV/ about Cleveland abductions. Brian37 0 343 November 13, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2903 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Amazon Alexa said Jesus/God is fake/made up/fictional? uncool 33 5530 February 2, 2018 at 12:05 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Do you think aliens made us Roberto 73 11613 January 25, 2018 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My dad made me laugh unintentionally Der/die AtheistIn 16 5956 January 2, 2018 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Athene
  Is our universe more complex than a t-shirt or not? ReptilianPeon 17 3666 September 27, 2016 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  The universe existing as a byproduct of God? T.J. 89 8465 June 29, 2016 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII