Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Earth Creationism - Assumptions & Worldviews?
Young Earth Creationism - Assumptions & Worldviews?
Hi,

So, those of us following developments in YEC are probably aware of the crux of their argunmentation. Namely that the bottom line of the origins debate is the 'worldview' of the participants.

I don't have any argument with this point, after all, we all accept that observations and evidence require interpretation to be useful.

What I am hoping to discuss is how we distinguish valid assumptions based on evidence from conclusions supposedly based on our worldview?

My specific reference here is with regards to the origins debate. I'm looking to press out a coherent position about distinguishing between these two forms of assumption.

Cheers

Sam
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refuting the Flat-Earth theory FlatAssembler 146 7901 April 8, 2023 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Creationist, flat Earth, antivaxer etc stuff Dave B 26 4975 December 21, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Music What is your opinion on Flat Earth theory? MitjaHD 91 17667 August 8, 2017 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Research "Flat Earth" Foxaèr 20 4688 June 17, 2017 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do any 'leading/accomplished' scientists support young earth theory? GhostofZeus 22 12390 June 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists Justtristo 16 6091 June 18, 2012 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation orogenicman 39 14728 March 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas