Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research "Flat Earth"
Research "Flat Earth"
Quote:Flat-Earthers Just Put Up a Billboard Urging Everyone To Do Some “Research”

[Image: FlatEarthBoard.jpg]

“We believe this is something that needs to be talked about,” Math Powerland, who purchased the billboard, said.

Powerland lives in New Mexico and is one of the founders of the Flat Plane Society, a group which believes the earth is flat. Powerland says NASA pictures and videos of the curved earth are faked.

“We believe it’s all faked. All of it is in front of CGI, augmented reality, the space walks are most part done in desalinated water tanks,” Powerland said.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-research/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Research "Flat Earth"
Well, when I skydived I could clearly see the earth curvature. Mabe they should all go skydive, instead of paying for the billboard. It costs 150 euros with a DVD of the jump.
We should take Mr. Powerland up to Red Bull territory and kick him out. See if he lives up to his name.
Oh come on, you all know in your hearts it's flat. Go out to Kansas and look around. Flat, in every direction.

You know it's flat. You're just in denial.
(June 9, 2017 at 12:08 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Well, when I skydived I could clearly see the earth curvature. Mabe they should all go skydive, instead of paying for the billboard. It costs 150 euros with a DVD of the jump.

They could save money and not bother with a parachute. Win-win.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 9, 2017 at 12:08 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Well, when I skydived I could clearly see the earth curvature.

Optical illusion. What you're seeing is a result of the curvature of the interior of the eye, obviously.
(June 9, 2017 at 12:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 9, 2017 at 12:08 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Well, when I skydived I could clearly see the earth curvature.

Optical illusion.  What you're seeing is a result of the curvature of the interior of the eye, obviously.

No you where just in the middle of a very very very big hill.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 9, 2017 at 12:19 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Oh come on, you all know in your hearts it's flat. Go out to Kansas and look around. Flat, in every direction.

You know it's flat. You're just in denial.

But... we're not in Kansas anymore!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Calling it a "flat" earth is actually a bit misleading. The earth is actually a sphere, but not the way the MSM portrays it. You see, we actually inhabit the inside surface of the sphere, the sun is in the middle.
People a thousand years ago knew the earth was a sphere, what CGI did they use?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refuting the Flat-Earth theory FlatAssembler 146 8025 April 8, 2023 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Should Flat-Earthers be debated or ignored? EgoDeath 180 13175 January 24, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Creationist, flat Earth, antivaxer etc stuff Dave B 26 5036 December 21, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Music What is your opinion on Flat Earth theory? MitjaHD 91 17736 August 8, 2017 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do any 'leading/accomplished' scientists support young earth theory? GhostofZeus 22 12445 June 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists Justtristo 16 6112 June 18, 2012 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation orogenicman 39 14814 March 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Young Earth Creationism - Assumptions & Worldviews? Sam 0 1657 December 30, 2010 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Sam