Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation
Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation
http://wlstorage.net/file/kent-hovind-do...tation.pdf
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation
(March 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm)orogenicman Wrote: http://wlstorage.net/file/kent-hovind-do...tation.pdf

ROFLOL

This is hilarious! Thanks for sharing Tongue
"Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Education?"

Why not just say "jerking off?"
"I am a creation/science evangelist"

..and that is where I could no longer continue reading.
I got as far as "As an evangelist, God has given me..".

I've read parts of it before... parts of it are endlessly hilarious when you consider that this is supposedly a serious PhD dissertation.

For instance:
Quote:The next key figure in the history of evolution is Karl Marx. Karl Marx was born in 1818 and died in 1883. He is known as the father of Communism.

Just me, or does that read like a grade schooler's report on famous people?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: "I am a creation/science evangelist"

..and that is where I could no longer continue reading.

You should read its amazing!

"...The history of evolution. Where did we get this crazy idea from anyway"

"Only God knows all the details of how it really happened"
"While the evidence is not all in yet, I feel it is still the best option to take God's word at face value. The bible has never been proven wrong yet, and I believe it never will be."

ROFLOL
O fuck. Maybe I will go back later, and read it out loud. I'll either do it in a British accent to amuse my kids, or in a Sarah Palin accent to amuse myself.

Why not read it in the original Hillbilly accent, Alei.
(March 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why not read it in the original Hillbilly accent, Alei.

Same reason villains in American movies have English accents I would assume. We are evil to be fair.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refuting the Flat-Earth theory FlatAssembler 146 7893 April 8, 2023 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Creationist, flat Earth, antivaxer etc stuff Dave B 26 4970 December 21, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Music What is your opinion on Flat Earth theory? MitjaHD 91 17432 August 8, 2017 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Research "Flat Earth" Foxaèr 20 4683 June 17, 2017 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Creationist Thoughts Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2316 December 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Some of Hovind's pals Tea Earl Grey Hot 4 1497 February 22, 2013 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  the creationist museum :) jackman 64 26771 November 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: SkepticalMoron
  Do any 'leading/accomplished' scientists support young earth theory? GhostofZeus 22 12387 June 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists Justtristo 16 6091 June 18, 2012 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Young Earth Creationism - Assumptions & Worldviews? Sam 0 1650 December 30, 2010 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Sam