Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xtians Will Hate This.
Xtians Will Hate This.
Sucks to be them.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/christi...s-history/

Quote:Most Christians whining about the ‘War on Christmas’ don’t understand this fact about the holiday’s history

Quote:But here is the real irony: For almost 500 years, the folks trying to get rid of Christmas—trying to put distance between Christian worship and mid-winter solstice festivities—were Christians themselves.

Of course none of them know much about history anyway.
RE: Xtians Will Hate This.
Yes they do! You see, there this special book which tells them everything they need to know about history, the universe and where to stick your dick!.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The Iliad?  The Odyssey??  Mother Goose???
Nah, 50 shades of cray.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 26, 2018 at 10:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sucks to be them.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/christi...s-history/

Quote:Most Christians whining about the ‘War on Christmas’ don’t understand this fact about the holiday’s history

Quote:But here is the real irony: For almost 500 years, the folks trying to get rid of Christmas—trying to put distance between Christian worship and mid-winter solstice festivities—were Christians themselves.

Of course none of them know much about history anyway.

XMas has become a secular holiday, even for "Christians".  Tom Flynn, who worked (or, still works) for the Center for Inquiry would, however, come to work on that day, deliberately.  I do love Christmas, even as an atheist; for the first time I managed to get my Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving, lights and all.  We'll be taking it down a week after New Year's.
Xmas trees only date to Victorian times in England.

Makes sense really.... precious few fir trees in the Judaean desert and damned little snow.
(November 26, 2018 at 11:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Xmas trees only date to Victorian times in England.

Makes sense really.... precious few fir trees in the Judaean desert and damned little snow.

No doubt; still, I like my Christmas tree like I like potato salad with onion.
(November 26, 2018 at 10:57 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Nah, 50 shades of cray.

Linux?
Jerehmiah 10:1-5:

'Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.'

So, REAL Christians shouldn't have Christmas trees.

Boru

'
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 27, 2018 at 8:32 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Jerehmiah 10:1-5:

'Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.'

So, REAL Christians shouldn't have Christmas trees.

Boru

Yabut, that's the OLD testament

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1295 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17583 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1370 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2424 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit. Minimalist 5 1197 August 4, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Propaganda Films and Hate Speech Astonished 41 13767 August 1, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13369 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14166 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8068 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  A challenge to xtians persuade me dyresand 47 10718 September 4, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Drich