Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit.
No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...32d26d9b9d

Quote:Christians are more than twice as likely to blame a person’s poverty on lack of effort

Quote:Christians are much more likely than non-Christians to view poverty as the result of individual failings, especially white evangelical Christians.

“There’s a strong Christian impulse to understand poverty as deeply rooted in morality — often, as the Bible makes clear, in unwillingness to work, in bad financial decisions or in broken family structures,” said Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. “The Christian worldview is saying that all poverty is due to sin, though that doesn’t necessarily mean the sin of the person in poverty. In the Garden of Eden, there would have been no poverty. In a fallen world, there is poverty.”

Sick motherfuckers.
RE: No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit.
Aren't they all supposed to not think about tomorrow?

Any Christian not just living of the land and praying all day is just a hypocrite.

But I know there will be some good ole cherrypikkin to refute that.

When your book can be used to justify just about anything as long as you really BELIEVE,

guess what, it's useless to an honest person.
They can't deal with - or admit that it is even there, really - the change from "Don't Worry - Be Happy" to "Be good little slaves and pay your taxes" in their silly-assed bible.

These are real fools that one is dealing with here.
I thought poverty was how you got to heaven, no ??

The rich man and the camel and the eye of the needle, right ?? I'm not mixing this up with another religion.

And Mammon, they are NOT supposed to worship Mammon over Jesus. I'm sure, I'm just really sure this is how it works.

This topic is VERY confusing.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I suppose you could say that sin is responsible for a lot of that; many very poor people tend to come from single-parent families or those who have children extremely young simply because of all the challenges that presents. But if their Xtian charity wasn't a fucking myth, there would be plenty of social safety nets and actual compassion and loving their neighbor and all the inconvenient shit they have to remember to pretend to keep up appearances about.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Sound like a typical emotional teenage girl. Xtians are just as friendly as other people and in many cases more enduring than atheists. Whining about somebody accepting that a person's poverty is self induced is undoubtedly rational considering the current climate of affairs.
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christianity is heading for a full allegorization Ferrocyanide 298 18623 February 5, 2022 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3098 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17485 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1361 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2609 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3528 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8923 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2412 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4524 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13299 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished