Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your phobia?
What's your phobia?
I don't like big dogs, commitment or heights.

What's yours? And have you tried to overcome it/them?
RE: What's your phobia?
Claustrophobic. I earned it, it's mine, nobody's taking it away from me.
(January 4, 2019 at 6:09 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Claustrophobic. I earned it, it's mine, nobody's taking it away from me.

If you're claiming it, there must be a story?
Parking lots.

Commitment also... but I seem to be overcoming it at this moment. If it starts to bother me, I’ll let you guys know, for kicks, but I hope not. I’m liking it. It hasn’t been a month yet, though lol I’m smitten.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(January 4, 2019 at 6:25 pm)J a c k Wrote: Parking lots.

Commitment also... but I seem to be overcoming it at this moment. If it starts to bother me, I’ll let you guys know, for kicks, but I hope not. I’m liking it. It hasn’t been a month yet, though lol I’m smitten.

I'm glad you are overcoming that particular phobia... It's a hard one to beat, I really hope it works out for you.

Parking lots.... Meh, get over it Smile
(January 4, 2019 at 6:25 pm)J a c k Wrote: Parking lots.

Not phobic, but let's face it, there is a combination of claustrophobia and stupid parking tactics that can annoy almost anyone in a parking lot!

I am acrophobic. I've managed to acclimate myself to work at 15 feet elevation after a couple of days. Any higher than that, I get vertigo.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 4, 2019 at 6:23 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(January 4, 2019 at 6:09 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Claustrophobic. I earned it, it's mine, nobody's taking it away from me.

If you're claiming it, there must be a story?

I spent three days in a overturned boat, breathing through bullet holes in the hull. If I fell asleep I sank and woke up drowning.
(January 4, 2019 at 6:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(January 4, 2019 at 6:23 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: If you're claiming it, there must be a story?

I spent three days in a overturned boat, breathing through bullet holes in the hull. If I fell asleep I sank and woke up drowning.

That's a fairly good reason, I must admit.
(January 4, 2019 at 6:53 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(January 4, 2019 at 6:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I spent three days in a overturned boat, breathing through bullet holes in the hull. If I fell asleep I sank and woke up drowning.

That's a fairly good reason, I must admit.

Five boats, five men each, I was the only survivor. Took me a week to get back to base. My mother got a KIA-BNR letter.
Heights. Nearly fell of a tall ladder once, now I dread heights.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your phobia? Clueless Morgan 58 8487 March 18, 2014 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Phobia of clowns Bad Wolf 31 5093 June 20, 2013 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Mystical