Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone
MS closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320772.php

Just correct me if I'm wrong:
Quoting from the link:

Quote:By studying interactions between testosterone and the immune system in male mice, scientists from Northwestern University in Chicago, IL, have discovered a molecule that seems to protect against multiple sclerosis.

Quote:The development of MS in men is closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone. However, the underlying cellular and molecular mechanisms are unclear.

Quote:Using a mouse model of MS, the team discovered that testosterone prompts a group of immune cells called mast cells to secrete a signaling molecule called interleukin 33 (IL-33) in the males.

The scientists found that IL-33 — which they describe as a "guardian molecule" — triggers a series of chemical reactions that block the development of Th17 immune cells, which is the type that attacks the myelin sheath.
Quote:
Quote:Prof. Brown explains, "Because testosterone levels are seven to eight times lower in adult women compared to men, we speculate there are insufficient levels in females to activate this protective pathway. But we showed we can activate the pathway with the guardian molecule, IL-33."

The researchers hope that their findings will lead to new and effective treatments for MS.

So just correct me if I'm wrong: lower Testosterone levels increase the risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis !
Men have 8-10 times lower risk to develop the sickness, because their testosterone levels are high naturally.

So, I wasn't wrong when I had faith in the Quranic lecturing to men and women; disobeying that make us sick, see this topic:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-53318.html

I posted this here, because the commit of acts that lower testosterone, is highly prevented by religions like Islam and Christianity. Remember the story of Lot?
RE: MS closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone
Very interesting link. Thanks for that.

But homosexual acts won't lower your level testosterone. Sex, and anticipation of sex increases it and this will include homosexual acts.
Yeah this has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality. Last I checked Multiple Sclerosis and homosexuality aren't the same thing . . .
So this is why every middle aged gay guy I know has MS.

Oh wait...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 22, 2018 at 7:36 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: [edit]

So, I wasn't wrong when I had faith in the Quranic lecturing to men and women; disobeying that make us sick, see this topic:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-53318.html

I posted this here, because the commit of acts that lower testosterone, is highly prevented by religions like Islam and Christianity. Remember the story of Lot?

Exactly what "acts" do humans perform/commit that lower testosterone?

Don't you also have MS? Is it the result of committing these acts or disobeying?

How about we keep science/medicine separate from religion. The conclusions that you are making are unfounded.

Edit: They've been looking as testosterone and estrogen in MS since at least 2009. It ain't that easy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what age should a child be introduced to religion? Fake Messiah 82 5566 July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6229 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Decline of Religion in the west fredd bear 25 3506 May 5, 2019 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Decline of Religion in the west fredd bear 0 495 March 24, 2019 at 12:05 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 895 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The obsession with exactly two levels robvalue 12 1446 September 17, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Testosterone WinterHold 36 9357 February 6, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  The forces of good and evil are related Foxaèr 11 3562 October 2, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  My new religion: New Age Hedonism Transcended Dimensions 20 4517 October 2, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Appointed leader in each age needed for religion to be true. Mystic 17 4033 October 24, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: dyresand