Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not mid term, but mid birth abortions.
not mid term, but mid birth abortions.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-ab...019-01-30/

At a recent committee hearing, Republican state delegate Todd Gilbert asked Tran to clarify exactly how late in a pregnancy doctors would be able to perform abortions. Gilbert asked if a woman who was about to give birth could request an abortion under Tran's proposed bill.
"She has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she is so certified? She's dilating," Gilbert said. 
"Mr. Chairman, that would be a, you know, a decision that the doctor, the physician and the woman would make at this point," Tran responded.
"I understand that. I'm asking if your bill allows that," Gilbert posed.
"My bill would allow that, yes," she said.

So when is enough enough for you guys? is it ok to abort a baby durning full term child birth? third trimester full term self sustaining out of the womb who may have anything wrong with it the mother may not like.. Ei physical deformity, wrong sex, wrong color because the bill goes beyond just endangerment to the mother even though that is how it is sold. it also includes problems with the baby or anything that would give the mother great emotional turmoil.. like having 4 white babies and the last one being yellow or black.

can't call it a fetus anymore if enough is exposed through normal child birth to full determine race.
RE: not mid term, but mid birth abortions.
Quote:would require only one doctor to make the determination that the pregnancy threatens the woman's life or health.
Gee, IDK...seems like a person ought to be able to elect not to die. Radical thought, I know.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
At work.

Uhm.... sorry but could you be a tad more specific?

You're asking about pregnancy related issues, yes?
"How dare you Pro-Choice people advocate for the lives of the women giving birth!"
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Abortion rights are fine as they are. No change is necessary.
Only if the life of the mother is immediately threatened.

In all other cases, no.

I think I've made my stance on late term abortions clear in the past. Nothing after viability unless it threatens the health/life of the mother, or there are serious health issues for the fetus.
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 31, 2019 at 12:20 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
Quote:would require only one doctor to make the determination that the pregnancy threatens the woman's life or health.
Gee, IDK...seems like a person ought to be able to elect not to die.  Radical thought, I know.

life threatening pregnancy termination is already a federal allowance. this takes it a step further in that it allows a woman to simply request an abortion even while giving birth.
I'm entirely okay with "she didn't want the baby" at any point prior to the end of her necessity in producing it.  

Forced birthers might want to spend their considerable time and money figuring out a way to relieve the necessity of her....instead of attempting to chain uncooperative females to gurneys.

(January 31, 2019 at 12:38 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 31, 2019 at 12:20 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Gee, IDK...seems like a person ought to be able to elect not to die.  Radical thought, I know.

life threatening pregnancy termination is already a federal allowance. this takes it a step further in that it allows a woman to simply request an abortion even while giving birth.

A woman can request anything she wants whenever she wants.  This bill doesn't grant such requests...so? The change was from two doctors certifying to one. Mostly because the two doctors certifying is a blatant attempt to force births by inconvenience and impracticality. Moot point for me, regardless, see above.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 31, 2019 at 12:29 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

how much more specific do I need to be the article explains it in that a woman can request a baby to be terminated even durning child birth. no issues noted, just does not want baby for whatever reason which is why I pointed out a minor defects and or race because valid reasons under this bill.
(January 31, 2019 at 12:46 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 31, 2019 at 12:29 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

how much more specific do I need to be the article explains it in that a woman can request a baby to be terminated even durning child birth. no issues noted, just does not want baby for whatever reason which is why I pointed out a minor defects and or race because valid reasons under this bill.

No, the article doesn't explain that, nor does the bill allow for that.

Which is a damned shame, lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But.. But.... But..... onlinebiker 25 1556 May 6, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 781 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Not afraid of blowing yourself up ....... BUT..... Brian37 13 807 April 5, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  I am not Kid-ing, but it does ROCK! Brian37 0 345 December 1, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Worldwide Decline in Birth Rates Fidel_Castronaut 21 1209 November 9, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sad, But Not Unexpected BrianSoddingBoru4 12 942 June 30, 2018 at 4:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Doesn't The Pro-Birth Crowd Address This? Minimalist 11 1092 June 1, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Crooks They May Be - But Not Bad Judges of Character Minimalist 3 428 May 22, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Angela Merkel elected to fourth term as chancellor of Germany c172 3 733 March 14, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ohio bans doctors from performing Down Syndrome abortions c172 234 30455 January 1, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13