Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, well that's just a freakin' relief....
Oh, well that's just a freakin' relief....
http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/freshwater-...red-006408

This took how long?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Oh, well that's just a freakin' relief....
Quote:Ten Commandments and Bible verses, branding crosses on the arms of his students with a high-voltage electrical device, and teaching creationism
Is there something wrong with those things? Hmm branding crosses on the arms, good.. But, using an electrical device?! blasphemer!!
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
Quote:Margie Bennett, the president of the board, told the Mount Vernon News (January 11, 2011), "The decision has been made to accept the referee’s recommendation to terminate the employment of Mr. Freshwater ... It was not an easy decision. We don’t believe there are any winners or losers in this situation. It is a very difficult situation for everyone.

He's BRANDING the fucking students and that moron finds it "not an easy decision?" If he was just waving his dick at them he'd have been canned instantly.

I hate fucking xtian shitwads.
Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Margie Bennett, the president of the board, told the Mount Vernon News (January 11, 2011), "The decision has been made to accept the referee’s recommendation to terminate the employment of Mr. Freshwater ... It was not an easy decision. We don’t believe there are any winners or losers in this situation. It is a very difficult situation for everyone.

He's BRANDING the fucking students and that moron finds it "not an easy decision?" If he was just waving his dick at them he'd have been canned instantly.

I hate fucking xtian shitwads.

I can see it being "not an easy decision" if he's just putting too much religion into his curriculum. But if he's inflicting physical pain on children, it should be a no-brainer, religious convictions aside. I mean, branding people? That's the kind of thing Vern Schillinger does.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/...ally_1.php

Specifically the last portion, which I didn't even take into account when I thought about the insanity.
The lawyers always have to get their cut, dear.
No argument, just an addition to the story. My dad is one. I just thought I'd add it as:

While it's become clear many tax payers would love to have creationism taught in schools, most of those same people are against the majority of the taxes they have to pay. And I don't think they'd approve of someone branding their children - at the very least - so we can all agree the fucker should have been booted immediately for abusive actions.

So if you have problems with the taxes, why in the fuck do you allow something like that to go down which would either hike your taxes up or potentially divert revenue from other areas that need it? Or maybe I'm not understanding how the taxes work? Or they're that fucking stupid?

They are that fucking stupid.

Really, Summer.....so often you answer your own questions!
I never discount the fact that I could be the wrong or crazy one, as is so often the case...

I'd like to know, however, at what age these things will stop shocking me.
There's a creationist nut at my college. He's my academic advisor. Judging by all the biology books in his office I thought he might have something to say about punctuated equilibrium but it just set him off on a 15 minute creationist rant. Very annoying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4543 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  A lesson well learned from Noah..... maestroanth 48 8751 April 11, 2016 at 3:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Wink Well, that was fun! Cyberman 25 3207 March 10, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Well i thought id put this here dyresand 3 1348 November 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Well that's that christianity good riddance dyresand 11 3015 May 15, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Nope
  Well...Have To Give Him This One. Minimalist 12 2154 September 10, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Well, Whaddaya know.... Minimalist 0 929 August 21, 2014 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Well that's fitting .. total-dick xtians helping to eradicate religious belief. Whateverist 8 3268 March 26, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Well this will please the Christians....I think. max-greece 9 2412 December 25, 2013 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? Creed of Heresy 96 32715 May 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Drich