Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mental Health
My Mental Health
For those who don't know, I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder back in early 2007 when I was 18 (I'm now 22).

I was put on an anti-psychotic, a sleeping pill and 800mgs of Lithium mood stabilizer. I recovered from my 'episode' 8 weeks later and I was then let out of hospital.

It wasn't long at all before the sleeping pill and anti-psychotic were no longer needed, however, for the next 3 years I was still on 800mgs of Lithium, it was then reduced to 600mgs to see whether I still needed it (because my episode might have been just a 'one off').

6 months later I was reduced to 400mgs lithium.

However, a few days ago I got really quite depressed and then suddenly anger came out and then I got really high and happy.... so I agreed to have my Lithium put back up to 600mgs.

I still feel kind of funny and it's apathy I rebel most against - so I'm kind of struggling against my apathy and I think that still affects my mood a lot despite my meds. I do feel considerably healthier again now though.

So, for anyone who wanted to know, there you have it and....

...I just wanted to point this out in case anyone thinks I'm acting a bit odd - more than usual I mean - on these forums too.
RE: My Mental Health
Hey DEvie. Sorry to hear about your struggle.... but then ALL of life is a struggle so hang in there buddy!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Depression can be a positive in as much as it is a warning that something is not quite right.

Laugh alot and enjoy what you have.... works for me.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Depression isn't the only problem Shock - it's also the mania.
"DEvie". Heh. I like it.

[big squeezing hug]

Keep truckin', hon.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdlJWfx1...re=related
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I used to date a girl who I'm fairly certain suffered from Bipolar Disorder, and she was generally unmedicated. So I have an inkling of understanding when it comes to the subject, but not nearly so much as you must have. I certainly hope that you can work things through, DvF. Smile It sounds like you've got a good handle of control on it at the moment.
Leben ist Kampf. Fight apathy, or don't.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
I understand all too well. And I think it's great that you brought it up, more mental health awareness is always a good thing. You're definitely not alone. I struggled with severe OCD and depression between the ages of 10 and 20. I'm 24 now. Just wanted to say that I get it, and if anything I respect you even more for your disclosure. Good to hear you're feeling healthier now Smile
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
If you one day decide the 'beard but no moustache' look would be good on you ask for the medication to be upped.

Seriously only the derranged have that look.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 21, 2011 at 4:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: If you one day decide the 'beard but no moustache' look would be good on you ask for the medication to be upped.

Seriously only the derranged have that look.

[burst of laughter at work, making everyone turn around]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Supplement no one 0 287 July 24, 2023 at 7:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Health advocates do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission Agnostico 108 7428 June 14, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  Mental endurance purplepurpose 21 2544 September 2, 2018 at 11:23 am
Last Post: John V
  Anyone makes mental health jokes... Mystic 61 14477 March 23, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  My house and mental health issues Brian37 17 3837 September 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health Dystopia 49 9285 October 30, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I had a mental breakdown robvalue 63 7835 August 26, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The Mental Illness Thread Saxmoof 55 7248 May 29, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Back after a stay in a US mental hospital. bladevalant546 36 4728 September 30, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  If physical illness was treated like mental illness. bladevalant546 7 1972 December 6, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: bladevalant546