Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity down, secularism up!
Christianity down, secularism up!
U.S. Church Membership Down Sharply in Past Two Decades

[Image: nyi9r4mrikq5unkl5g36bg.png]
RE: Christianity down, secularism up!
RationalPoet... At the same time, that shrinking right wing has gerrymandered the national map.
It's because GC started taking off his shoes during mass.
And 10% in a recent PEW poll said that they don't believe in God or a 'higher power'.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 22, 2019 at 8:57 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: And 10% in a recent PEW poll said that they don't believe in God or a 'higher power'.

Can you post a link for that!
(April 22, 2019 at 8:39 am)Jehanne Wrote: U.S. Church Membership Down Sharply in Past Two Decades

[Image: nyi9r4mrikq5unkl5g36bg.png]

Same as in the UK.  The point is, try telling that to christards and they'll call you a liar.  You want proof?

Next time I tell a bunch of christards babble bashing on the street, I'll record their answer and post on here.
I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo
Not sure what claims that Christians are making that is contradicted by this, Lemon. Do you have some examples?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 22, 2019 at 9:12 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Not sure what claims that Christians are making that is contradicted by this, Lemon.  Do you have some examples?

Most of the ones that I have talked with just simply don't accept the statistics.  They'll utter statements like 'Statistics can be used to prove anything'.  'The statistics are lies' even though they'd never seen them before.  'Numbers are up in our church' (even though they aren't).

I once showed some jovies a vid of their senior jovies wearing $10k Rolexes.  They told me the vid was a fake even though they'd never seen the vid before.

When people don't want to listen to the truth, they find all sorts of irrational ways not to listen or not to accept.

I obtain great delight in giving christards facts and then watching the antics they use to deny them.  I really ought to make a film of their antics.
I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo
(April 22, 2019 at 9:38 am)Lemon Curry Wrote:
(April 22, 2019 at 9:12 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Not sure what claims that Christians are making that is contradicted by this, Lemon.  Do you have some examples?

Most of the ones that I have talked with just simply don't accept the statistics.  They'll utter statements like 'Statistics can be used to prove anything'.  'The statistics are lies' even though they'd never seen them before.  'Numbers are up in our church' (even though they aren't).

I once showed some jovies a vid of their senior jovies wearing $10k Rolexes.  They told me the vid was a fake even though they'd never seen the vid before.

When people don't want to listen to the truth, they find all sorts of irrational ways not to listen or not to accept.

I obtain great delight in giving christards facts and then watching the antics they use to deny them.  I really ought to make a film of their antics.

I don't have any stats handy, but I believe that the number of private Christian schools are in decline, also.
(April 22, 2019 at 9:38 am)Lemon Curry Wrote:

The Christianity I came from was cult-like. Thought-halting techniques, "us vs them" mentality ("the world" always had a negative connotation, such as in "worldly"; also of course there's the "Not of this world" stuff), and the belief that the end of the world was imminent. This version of Christianity has been preaching that church attendance was shrinking before it even began to happen as it fits their persecution complex. They beat off to being persecuted. Their spank bank is filled with "Voice of the tarders martyrs" magazines.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 991 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5059 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 94145 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6794 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 18316 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  Christian day care shut down Doubting Thomas 0 1268 March 21, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8497 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18327 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Exodus International shuts right the hell down. Esquilax 50 18123 June 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  China cracks down on 'Doomsday cult' downbeatplumb 4 1873 December 19, 2012 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris