Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poland Sucks
Poland Sucks
And Not In A Good Way

Quote:A woman has been arrested on suspicion of offending religious sentiment, after posters bearing an image of the Virgin Mary with her halo painted in the colours of the rainbow flag appeared in the city of Płock in central Poland...Offending religious feeling is a crime under the Polish penal code. If convicted, the woman could face a prison sentence of up to two years.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Poland Sucks
(May 7, 2019 at 5:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And Not In A Good Way

Quote:A woman has been arrested on suspicion of offending religious sentiment, after posters bearing an image of the Virgin Mary with her halo painted in the colours of the rainbow flag appeared in the city of Płock in central Poland...Offending religious feeling is a crime under the Polish penal code. If convicted, the woman could face a prison sentence of up to two years.

Boru

Unfortunately this is worldwide in just about every religion. There was a case In Myanmar where 3 were arrested for this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/world...dhism.html
(May 7, 2019 at 5:16 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 7, 2019 at 5:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And Not In A Good Way

Boru

Unfortunately this is worldwide in just about every religion. There was a case In Myanmar where 3 were arrested for this.

Really? Worldwide?  How many people go to prison in the US for 'offending religious feeling'?  Canada?  Australia? The UK?

You really need to think before you post.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Wow. I didn’t know Poland was crazy
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 7, 2019 at 5:25 pm)Losty Wrote: Wow. I didn’t know Poland was crazy

Neither did I.  Kind of a shocker to read that.

Boru
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]BSB4:
And not in a good way

So, it doesn't swallow? [Image: Gagged.png]
(May 7, 2019 at 5:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 7, 2019 at 5:16 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Unfortunately this is worldwide in just about every religion. There was a case In Myanmar where 3 were arrested for this.

Really? Worldwide?  How many people go to prison in the US for 'offending religious feeling'?  Canada?  Australia? The UK?

Boru

There was a time in America when slavery existed and when women couldn't vote. You give the current far right Trump base enough time and power, they would do the same thing.
(May 7, 2019 at 5:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 7, 2019 at 5:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Really? Worldwide?  How many people go to prison in the US for 'offending religious feeling'?  Canada?  Australia? The UK?

Boru

There was a time in America when slavery existed and when women couldn't vote. You give the current far right Trump base enough time and power, they would do the same thing.

WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING TOPIC!! Jesus H Cartwheeling Christ, can you PLEASE respond on point for ONCE in your fucking LIFE?

I didn't fucking ask you what might maybe kinda sorta happen in some nebulous future fantasy land of your creaky imagination.  I asked 'How many people go to prison in the US for 'offending religious feeling'?'  Answer the fucking question or not, it's up to you.  But PLEASE, if you're going to answer it, ANSWER it.

fuck.

Boru
(May 7, 2019 at 5:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 7, 2019 at 5:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote: There was a time in America when slavery existed and when women couldn't vote. You give the current far right Trump base enough time and power, they would do the same thing.

WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING TOPIC!! Jesus H Cartwheeling Christ, can you PLEASE respond on point for ONCE in your fucking LIFE?

I didn't fucking ask you what might maybe kinda sorta happen in some nebulous future fantasy land of your creaky imagination.  I asked 'How many people go to prison in the US for 'offending religious feeling'?'  Answer the fucking question or not, it's up to you.  But PLEASE, if you're going to answer it, ANSWER it.

fuck.

Boru

You not liking my answer is your baggage not mine.

I was pointing out that LONG TERM humans are all capable of the same behaviors, and you cannot simply cherry pick one point in history. 

YES it sucks that Poland did this, just like Myanmar arresting the artists depicting Buddha with headphones. 

Give any one group enough power, and that majority feels slighted, even if that slight isn't a real crime, our species tribalism kicks in and Poland is simply one example. 

And again, just because it isn't widespread now in the Americas doesn't mean an open society can regress and become a closed intolerant state. Look at who the orange fuck panders to. Do not tell me the religious right loves gays. I am sure they'd love to arrest artists here just like Poland did. I am quite sure assholes like Pat Robertson, and Franklin Graham, if our majority thought like them, would most certainly put blasphemy laws in place if they had enough power. Just like the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_...ted_States

Quote:"   According to the marginalia, this statute was adopted in 1819, and a similar law dates back to 1723. In 1904, the statute was still on the books at Art. 27, sec. 20, unaltered in text. As late as 1939, this statute was still the law of Maryland. But in 1972, in Maryland v. Irving K. West, the Maryland Court of Appeals (the state's highest court) declared the blasphemy law unconstitutional.[2] This law was still on the books until at least 2003.[3] 
You seem congenitally unable to distinguish between an answer and a reply.

You said that jailing people for offending religious feeling happens 'worldwide'.  I asked you for evidence.  You failed, completely and utterly, to answer the question.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poland, Germany, France all love me Brian37 4 1597 April 21, 2023 at 7:05 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Strife in Poland Foxaèr 3 224 October 29, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Sucks To Be The WLB Minimalist 20 1520 August 1, 2018 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Well, This Sucks For Online Buyers A Theist 13 1186 June 21, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What the Hell is up with Poland? brewer 3 1236 January 7, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Poland plans to turn Syrian refugees into a resistance army to fight Isis jenny1972 26 4837 November 20, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  Another nail in the EU coffin. Poland elects PIS abaris 8 2761 October 26, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: abaris