Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most beautiful thing to me about the world.
The most beautiful thing to me about the world.
Everywhere you go - every culture - not one said to blindly believe in the Creator.

And I am finding everyone one of them emphasize on a way to perceive the Creator and know it exists.

There is not one remaining culture without a proof of God.

The Sky for example emphasized by some cultures as God, or Highest Heaven (they didn't use the word "God") but that word for the Creator, and talk about goodness with respect to levels of heavens. That is proof for those who reflect.

And the manifested in all signs, the "All" in some cultures, by which they see God in everything.

etc, etc, 

One of the best is Native and their mythology of spirits in nature and animals, etc. They are all shown to be ways to God just as we are a way to God, and it was the natives who had Prophets teaching this and emphasizing this, though Quran touches on it, it was not the most emphasized thing in the Quran.

It is beautiful how essential truths remain in each culture....and those truths all remind and prove God.

No culture is without wisdom and no culture doesn't have a hue from the breaths of God.
RE: The most beautiful thing to me about the world.
Danke vom Reichspropagandaminister
(November 10, 2017 at 1:05 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Danke vom Reichspropagandaminister

Und heil Hitler!
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
(November 10, 2017 at 1:12 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(November 10, 2017 at 1:05 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Danke vom Reichspropagandaminister

Und heil Hitler!

Ja, ja, ja, heil dat zwei.
I see it is that time again.

If that's the most beautiful thing you can think of, about the world.....it must be a very dreary place where you're at.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Everywhere you go - every culture - not one said to blindly believe in the Creator.

And I am finding everyone one of them emphasize on a way to perceive the Creator and know it exists.

The Sky for example emphasized by some cultures as God, or Highest Heaven (they didn't use the word "God") but that word for the Creator, and talk about goodness with respect to levels of heavens. That is proof for those who reflect.

The sky is not proof of god.  Got anything else?

Quote:And the manifested in all signs, the "All" in some cultures, by which they see God in everything.

Simply labeling nature, and our surroundings, "God", is not proof of god.  Second time's a charm?

Quote:One of the best is Native and their mythology of spirits in nature and animals, etc.

Mythology is not proof of god.  I'm really losing hope here.  

Quote:They are all shown to be ways to God just as we are a way to God

And, just because you sanctimoniously insist that it is, doesn't make it so.  That's called a bare assertion.

Quote:and it was the natives who had Prophets teaching this and emphasizing this, though Quran touches on it, it was not the most emphasized thing in the Quran.

Books about gods, and people who say they talk to gods are not proof of god.  

Quote:It is beautiful how essential truths remain in each culture....

As I said, asserting something is true by fiat does not make it true.

Quote:and those truths all remind and prove God.

You haven't demonstrated the truth of anything other than that people believe in gods.  No one is disputing that.

Once again we have a thread by MK, flapping on and on about all the "proof" of god, and when we get to the end, we realize that the proof was conspicuously absent.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
MK, apparently you've not seen boobs IRL.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Everywhere you go - every culture - not one said to blindly believe in the Creator.

And the manifested in all signs, the "All" in some cultures, by which they see God in everything.

etc, etc, 

One of the best is Native and their mythology of spirits in nature and animals, etc. They are all shown to be ways to God just as we are a way to God, and it was the natives who had Prophets teaching this and emphasizing this, though Quran touches on it, it was not the most emphasized thing in the Quran.

It is beautiful how essential truths remain in each culture....and those truths all remind and prove God.

No culture is without wisdom and no culture doesn't have a hue from the breaths of God.

I think of one of my beautiful stuff and it beats yours. Just gave me fresh pate. Do you want some home made pate? It will go packaged it in a diaper.
IThe world is full of beautiful things, but the one that leaves them all behind is how so many human beings shine when things go sideways. How many times have you seen strangers volunteering to help find a lost child, dig bare-handed through the rubble of a collapsed building to find quake survivors?  Things people do for the sole purpose of being helpful, with no expectation of reward. 

THAT is beauty, you addle-pated feep. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11718 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10526 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3472 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  So why did the hook nose "become a thing" in discriminatory appearance? Roberto 12 3568 January 23, 2018 at 5:52 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Beautiful 99 Names Of Allah With Translation And Quranic Usage shawnivan110 22 4835 February 27, 2017 at 2:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Good thing about chronicles of narnia maestroanth 2 667 November 23, 2016 at 8:35 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  If I could change one thing about religion... robvalue 26 6337 January 9, 2016 at 5:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Do you think that one day religion will become a thing of the past GoHalos1993 58 10129 December 21, 2015 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard a theist say? Vincent 74 14156 October 21, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan