Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion strikes again
Religion strikes again
Christians Attempt To Burn Georgia Man Alive For Being Gay

An apparent Christian hate group torched a gay man's home. Classy. I wrote a few comments on it here.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
RE: Religion strikes again
Quote:he was watching t.v. and finishing a cigarette

Quote:Hours later Staples’ home was engulfed in flames

Not saying it didn't happen, but if someone threw a rock through my window with death threats attached to it, having a nap wouldn't be my first priority. Something smells fishy, and I'll reserve judgement until the results of the investigation are in.
Quote:...when a person thinks that they have God or Allah or the Bible or the Koran on their side, what we might normally call immoral actions now become sacrosanct with a full accedence from heaven. This, of course, stands in direct opposition to Dostoevksy’s much-trumpeted (by believers) point that without God, everything is permitted.

I don’t know of any modern thinker who has yet to articulate it thusly, but I now say it without compunction: with God, anything, absolutely anything, is permitted.

Very well put.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
Religious nuts always know who god wants them to kill.

Nothing new, here.
Where's your loving fucking god now, you intolerant asswipes?!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 26, 2011 at 1:43 am)Illogical Nitpicker Wrote:
Quote:he was watching t.v. and finishing a cigarette

Quote:Hours later Staples’ home was engulfed in flames

Not saying it didn't happen, but if someone threw a rock through my window with death threats attached to it, having a nap wouldn't be my first priority. Something smells fishy, and I'll reserve judgement until the results of the investigation are in.

Yeah, I think it must have been late, and he had gone to bed. Don't think it was just a nap. But you're right, if someone throws a rock through my window with a death note, my first step is to call 911. Here's a more credible source with a quote from law enforcement: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26589312/detail.html

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
Fucking Christian terrorists! Angry
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(January 26, 2011 at 12:02 pm)everythingafter Wrote: Yeah, I think it must have been late, and he had gone to bed. Don't think it was just a nap. But you're right, if someone throws a rock through my window with a death note, my first step is to call 911. Here's a more credible source with a quote from law enforcement: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26589312/detail.html

Thank you. I've also read elsewhere that the FBI is involved, so this is being treated as a serious hate crime. There were footprints all around the pool house, so these guys are fecked.

Here's a google view of the house, if you care. The converted pool house he lived in is the one with the green roof, to the right.
Google View

(January 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: Fucking Christian terrorists! Angry

Could have been Muslim? The note didn't mention baby Jeshua.

I know, I know, just sayin...

(January 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm)Illogical Nitpicker Wrote: Could have been Muslim? The note didn't mention baby Jeshua.

I know, I know, just sayin...

In Georgia? Fat chance. lol

---

---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion was once again showed down my throat Der/die AtheistIn 13 2697 October 1, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4868 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19598 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48968 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion trumps fact once again A_Nony_Mouse 5 3198 May 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5160 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused