Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, It Hardly Qualifies As A 'Replica', Then
Well, It Hardly Qualifies As A 'Replica', Then
Ark Encounter Files Suit Over Rain Damage

Quote:Ark Encounter, the multimillion-dollar theme park and monument to fundamentalist Christianity whose centrepiece is a giant replica of Noah's Ark, is suing its insurance carriers over rain-related damages on the property.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Well, It Hardly Qualifies As A 'Replica', Then
I want to be the insurance guy who gets to tell those troglodytes that they're not covered for " acts of God".

Hilarious
A boan that can't handle a bit of water?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Too be accurate, the rain related damage is to the access roads to the “ark”, not the ark itself.

God needs entrance receipts and the morbid tourists needs to get to where they pay.

Also, salvation seems to be looked for from insurance companies, not Jesus.
Somebody said they needed gopher wood would and Leroy said "I'll go fer wood".
To be fair, a replica doesn't need to actually have anywhere near the real functionality (HA!) of the genuine article, such as it is, or would have been.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
People trying to push their belief in the Noah story trying to sue over too much rain...makes perfect sense.

You would think lots of rain would add to the 'experience'.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 25, 2019 at 12:52 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: To be fair, a replica doesn't need to actually have anywhere near the real functionality (HA!) of the genuine article, such as it is, or would have been.

A replica needs a genuine article to replicate.   Otherwise it is a prop.
(May 25, 2019 at 6:56 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 25, 2019 at 12:52 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: To be fair, a replica doesn't need to actually have anywhere near the real functionality (HA!) of the genuine article, such as it is, or would have been.

A replica needs a genuine article to replicate.   Otherwise it is a prop.

Sorry, but replicas can be images without being exact copies. If it's advertised a "fully functional replica" it just shows that the manufacturer was being honest in identifying it as copy not made by the original maker.
(May 25, 2019 at 12:17 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Too be accurate, the rain related damage is to the access roads to the “ark”, not the ark itself.

God needs entrance receipts and the morbid tourists needs to get to where they pay.

Also, salvation seems to be looked for from insurance companies, not Jesus.

Technically all those people on the outs should be considered too late.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 723 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Kill, then claim Immunity. brewer 12 1059 October 10, 2019 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Cod
  Well that was some fast back-tracking by Facebook robvalue 9 1239 July 12, 2019 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  One of Obamacare’s big experiments to lower costs is working surprisingly well Aegon 9 791 September 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1667 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Well, This Sucks For Online Buyers A Theist 13 1188 June 21, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 927 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The WLB and his Cronies Don't Handle Email So Well Either! Minimalist 0 381 October 13, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Militia", what that meant then. Gawdzilla Sama 81 10733 October 6, 2017 at 6:10 pm
  The Next Fucking For The Drumpfucks Is Well Underway Minimalist 0 584 June 27, 2017 at 4:24 pm