Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what this means?
You know what this means?
Quote:Vatican To Reach Out To Atheists

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/28...15600.html

When Herr Von Popenfuhrer starts reaching out put one hand on your wallet and the other on your zipper. If you feel a hand on your ass...it's him!
RE: You know what this means?
A two day religious woodstock???

ROFLOL ROFLOL

What ARE they thinking???Confusedhock:
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
What makes him think we even care?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
"The pope has made turning back the tide of Western secularism one of the major campaigns of his papacy. "

Yeah...good luck with that Big Grin
(January 29, 2011 at 9:24 am)Rwandrall Wrote: "The pope has made turning back the tide of Western secularism one of the major campaigns of his papacy. "

Yeah...good luck with that Big Grin

All those evil atheists questioning his divine authority? Can't have that can we?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:"I believe that the church should also today open a sort of `courtyard of the gentiles' where men can in some way hook on to God, without knowing Him and before having gained access to His mystery," Benedict said.

I find that pretty condescending. Like the Catholics think they have access to some great 'truth' that atheists continue to be ignorant of. News flash, 'men of God:' It is you who are ignorant.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
All of these bible-thumping shitstains think that they know "the truth." That is precisely why they are such an ignorant bunch of twats.

Catholics are pretty much at the top of the stupidity ladder....quickly followed by everything else.
(January 29, 2011 at 10:58 am)OnlyNatural Wrote:
Quote:"I believe that the church should also today open a sort of `courtyard of the gentiles' where men can in some way hook on to God, without knowing Him and before having gained access to His mystery," Benedict said.

I find that pretty condescending. Like the Catholics think they have access to some great 'truth' that atheists continue to be ignorant of. News flash, 'men of God:' It is you who are ignorant.

The numbers may be different elsewhere in the world but here in my country most atheists are ex-Christians who had fully access to his mystery. In fact, their deconversion story usually involves their reading the Bible cover-to-cover.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
'The events will conclude with a party for youth in the courtyard of the Cathedral of Notre Dame, followed by prayer and meditation inside the cathedral.'

Hmm... I bet a few people will sneak off before that second part.

'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
(January 29, 2011 at 11:41 am)Minimalist Wrote: Catholics are pretty much at the top of the stupidity ladder....quickly followed by everything else.

No, it's not. Catholic church is one of Christianity's earlier creations. If there is one thing about christianity that one may count on, that is Christianity will surpass itself in stupidity and ignorance with almost each major new creation, especially in this country. By comparison to many of the evangelical denominations that have sprouted like poisonous mushrooms on a rotting log in this country, the[/align] catholic church looks almost enlightened and educated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1304 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10238 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How You Know This Shit Was Written By Men! Minimalist 48 11067 January 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I know what you did last summer. Czechlervitz30 6 1805 August 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Did you know god is a lair so is jesus dyresand 18 4466 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3763 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 2949 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  you know i made a really good observation dyresand 88 10855 November 5, 2014 at 4:58 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Theists i know what scares you. dyresand 31 5171 November 5, 2014 at 4:51 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. You know what I like baby. Zidneya 32 9426 September 17, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Zidneya