Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ass from the past......
An ass from the past......
Anyone remember douchnozzel Kim Davis? The crybaby who worked as a county clerk who refused to grant marriage licences to same sex couples? A court just said those whom she discriminated against can sue her....... BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/...d-n1046306

The lesson? DON'T BE A DICK!
RE: An ass from the past......
I have to wonder... did she truly feel like she was "doing god's work?" Or was she just taking an opportunity to exercise power over people she happened to not agree with?

I wish her luck in her future court battles. Lord knows she'll need it.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Petty official with delusions of power.
If the couples that sue her win their cases, they should request that the woman be required to perform one same-sex marriage for every license she denied.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 27, 2019 at 1:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Anyone remember douchnozzel Kim Davis? The crybaby who worked as a county clerk who refused to grant marriage licences to same sex couples? A court just said those whom she discriminated against can sue her....... BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/...d-n1046306

The lesson? DON'T BE A DICK!

A court also found that the State of Kentucky is responsible for her actions:
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne...096411001/
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I've never considered Kentucky to be a responsible adult.
(August 27, 2019 at 2:54 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: I have to wonder... did she truly feel like she was "doing god's work?" Or was she just taking an opportunity to exercise power over people she happened to not agree with?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Damned link..
(August 28, 2019 at 4:24 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(August 27, 2019 at 2:54 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: I have to wonder... did she truly feel like she was "doing god's work?" Or was she just taking an opportunity to exercise power over people she happened to not agree with?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

I'd be inclined to agree; it's a bizarre situation to me to see a person so negative that she wants to (attempt to) disrupt happiness in other people's lives in such a direct way. I couldn't imagine what type of person she is. Probably curled up in her recliner, eating junk food all day in front of the tv, when she's not at work denying marriage licenses, of course.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
(August 28, 2019 at 5:18 pm)EgoDeath Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 4:24 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: A little from column A, a little from column B.

I'd be inclined to agree; it's a bizarre situation to me to see a person so negative that she wants to (attempt to) disrupt happiness in other people's lives in such a direct way. I couldn't imagine what type of person she is. Probably curled up in her recliner, eating junk food all day in front of the tv, when she's not at work denying marriage licenses, of course.

I don't work myself, and I curl up on my couch and eat junk food myself. But if I did have to work at that job, I would fucking do it.

I am an atheist, I don't think anyone needs a religion, but that is not what a marriage licence means to public record, so why would I give a shit if two Christians or two Muslims or two Jews or two or two Buddhists get hitched? "Freedom of religion" merely means the government office cannot dictate what religion or sect gets that licence between two couples. 

The religious aspect to a marriage is strictly voluntary, not mandatory. If two fundies like her walked into my office and I was the clerk, I'd issue the licence, not because I agree, but because I took a government job and I am not allowed to discriminate as to who gets that licence.

I'd also do it knowing that a religious witness is voluntary, not mandatory.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stacey Abramns Kicks Ass..... Brian37 3 517 April 22, 2021 at 9:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Great Businessman My Ass. Minimalist 27 3766 July 16, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  This Is Nothing Compared To The Ass-Reaming You'll Get In Prison! Minimalist 10 1703 July 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  The Republicunt's Voter Suppression Guru Gets His Ass Kicked Minimalist 3 827 June 19, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Get your ass to church, It's Jesus Day. brewer 4 810 April 3, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Can't The Stupid Ass Learn About Video Recorders? Minimalist 0 567 July 12, 2017 at 9:08 pm
  But You Can Bet Your Ass The Football Team Is Fully Funded! Minimalist 4 693 December 27, 2016 at 5:01 pm
  Debate 3 over, Hillary kicked his ass. Brian37 32 5558 October 20, 2016 at 8:27 pm
  GOP/Trump are living in the past. Brian37 9 1763 September 9, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Cato
  One huge ass leap closer dyresand 0 715 June 7, 2016 at 12:10 am
Last Post: dyresand