Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the news of trumps phase 1 china deal?
where is the news of trumps phase 1 china deal?
Can't seem to give credit where credit is due?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrUbgEPpys

Trumps own words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjSu6Dn7fs
RE: where is the news of trumps phase 1 china deal?
Why the fuck should he get credit for the shit he needlessly caused in the first place?

And his words are worthless, just ask the Kurds.
Credit is never due trump. Get over it.
(October 22, 2019 at 4:36 pm)Drich Wrote: where is the news of trumps phase 1 china deal?

Here:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics/...index.html

Here:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/us-china...l-66221202

Here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-anno...ith-china/

Here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...a-n1065221

Here:

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/11/769469085...with-china

Took two minutes to find these.  I found more at non-US news outlets, but I thought you'd be most interested in having your arse handed to you with these.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Investors signal they hate Trump's "Phase 1" China trade deal: https://www.axios.com/china-trade-deal-p...40705.html

Truce or genuine deal? Analysts question if phase one of US-China trade pact will last: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/14/us-china...-deal.html
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The deal is a charade.   The only thing firm in the deal is china promise to buy more US agriculture products.    This isn't because China had second thoughts about wanting to hurt those people who put trump in office to launch a trade war with China.    It is because Chinese pork industry has collapsed tanks to the African swine flu epidemic, which killed a large portion of the country's pigs.    So China has dire need for lots of pigs. 

No, they are not importing the trump clan.    Nor the republicans in congress.    They want good pigs.

Consumption of pork has great cultural significance during the upcoming Chinese new year, much as turkeys s have great cultural significance during American thanksgiving.      The Chinese leadership may be dictatorial, but unlike in the US, the tenure of Chinese leadership is highly dependent on their performance in keeping all aspects of the economy running smoothly and effectively handling any crisis.     The  Last time when there was a major disruption during the Chinese new year, and millions of people were stuck on roads and railways unable to get home, heads rolled in the politburo.    Chinese new year with no pork would likely mean president for life with no life, at least no life worth living.

Whatever you say about the Chinese government, you have to admit trump would never have lasted 3 years in the Politburo.   If trump somehow made it to Xi's position in China (A position for which trump professed great admiration, saying approvingly it is like a king), in less than three years the trump clan would likely have had all their worldly assets forfeited for corruption,  and only then, they would be billed for the bullet used to put trump out of his misery.

It is out of concern for availability of pork during Chinese new year, and its effects on the longevity of the current office holders,  that Chinese government decided to buy American pork.    At the same time, they made lemonade out of lemons.   They had to buy those pork anyway.   But they nonetheless managed to get concession out of the great deal maker who is making American great for buying the very same pork.
What a deal...

Quote:
Battleground states lose 27,000 manufacturing jobs despite Trump's promises

Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin lost a total of 27,000 manufacturing jobs from January through September of 2019, NBC News reported on Tuesday. The job losses come in states Trump narrowly won in 2016 and are widely seen as battleground states in the 2020 election.

Pennsylvania, a state Trump won by a mere 0.7%, lost 8,100 manufacturing jobs in 2019. Two other states Trump won by less than 1%, Michigan and Wisconsin, also saw thousands of job losses in the manufacturing sector this year.

The massive job cuts come despite Trump's promise to restore manufacturing to the very states seeing a decline.

In mid-August, Trump visited Pennsylvania and claimed, "we're restoring the glory of American manufacturing, and we are reclaiming our noble heritage as a nation of builders again."

During a 2016 campaign stop in Michigan, Trump vowed, "If I'm elected, you won't lose one plant … The long nightmare of jobs leaving Michigan will be coming to a very rapid end."

Instead, Trump has guided the sector into a recession. In early August, Bloomberg reported that the U.S. manufacturing sector was "technically already in a recession." A recession happens when the Federal Reserve observes two straight quarters of declining output.

Trump never promised a recession. At an October 2016 campaign stop in Fletcher, North Carolina, Trump promised, "We are going to start making things in North Carolina again."

According to NBC News, Trump's "protracted and chaotic trade war and haphazard policymaking have grown increasingly uncertain about the future." And uncertainty in the market "affects [business] decisions about hiring and makes them more cautious," Brian Phelan, an associate professor of economics at DePaul University, told NBC.

Trump's "escalating trade war with China is taking a big bite from the manufacturing sector," CNBC also reported in early August.

Rather than take care of residents in manufacturing states, Trump's beef with China is causing an economic slowdown. And it's not just the manufacturing sector.

Economists at major banks are warning of an impending recession that could hit the entire economy.

https://shareblue.com/donald-trump-manuf...ction/amp/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Drich, we're WAY past this shit. You're immoral buddy (by any Christian standard) is unquestionably guilty of selling out his country's elections to the highest bidder. Are you really going to sit there and defend this obvious criminal?

Is anybody reminded of the Black Knight?

Arthur: "I cut your arm off."

Black Knight: "No you didn't."

Arthur, pointing to severed arm laying on the ground: "Well what's that, then?"

Black Knight: "I've had worse!"

Arthur: "Victory is mine!"

Black Knight: "Oh, had enough, heh?"

Arthur, exasperated: "Look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!"

Black Knight: "Yes I have!"

Arthur, incredulous, pointing to two severed arms on the ground: "Look!!!"

Black Knight: "It's just a flesh wound!"

Drich, you are now in Black Knight territory. You had your fight and you lost. Time to admit defeat and move off to the next battle. Unless you want to try to bite our kneecaps off.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 22, 2019 at 9:24 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: The deal is a charade.   The only thing firm in the deal is china promise to buy more US agriculture products.    This isn't because China had second thoughts about wanting to hurt those people who put trump in office to launch a trade war with China.    It is because Chinese pork industry has collapsed tanks to the African swine flu epidemic, which killed a large portion of the country's pigs.    So China has dire need for lots of pigs. 

No, they are not importing the trump clan.    Nor the republicans in congress.    They want good pigs.

Consumption of pork has great cultural significance during the upcoming Chinese new year, much as turkeys s have great cultural significance during American thanksgiving.      The Chinese leadership may be dictatorial, but unlike in the US, the tenure of Chinese leadership is highly dependent on their performance in keeping all aspects of the economy running smoothly and effectively handling any crisis.     The  Last time when there was a major disruption during the Chinese new year, and millions of people were stuck on roads and railways unable to get home, heads rolled in the politburo.    Chinese new year with no pork would likely mean president for life with no life, at least no life worth living.

Whatever you say about the Chinese government, you have to admit trump would never have lasted 3 years in the Politburo.   If trump somehow made it to Xi's position in China (A position for which trump professed great admiration, saying approvingly it is like a king), in less than three years the trump clan would likely have had all their worldly assets forfeited for corruption,  and only then, they would be billed for the bullet used to put trump out of his misery.

It is out of concern for availability of pork during Chinese new year, and its effects on the longevity of the current office holders,  that Chinese government decided to buy American pork.    At the same time, they made lemonade out of lemons.   They had to buy those pork anyway.   But they nonetheless managed to get concession out of the great deal maker who is making American great for buying the very same pork.

I think Drich's point wasn't so much that it was a suck of deal (which it is), but that no one but pro-Trump 'news' outlets were reporting it.

Shot that puppy, didn't I?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Back peddling and trying to save face isn't an accomplishment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Foxaèr 32 2256 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1256 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2676 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  China is also being shaked Leonardo17 1 365 November 30, 2022 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 183 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4014 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  With UAE deal, Israel opens tentative new chapter with Gulf Arabs WinterHold 89 4309 September 6, 2020 at 7:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Chess trumps Kickboxing ignoramus 12 1273 June 30, 2020 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2169 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan WinterHold 50 3507 March 8, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball