Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:46 am

Poll: Do you believe a god can build his/her house of warship?
This poll is closed.
yes
22.22%
2 22.22%
no
77.78%
7 77.78%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can Any God Build His Own House of Warship?
Can Any God Build His Own House of Warship?
Show me a god that built his own house of warship and I will Shaw you a true god.
There is no god that can build his own house of worship!

When will mankind outgrow the idiocy of believing-in and worshiping men or men like entities as super beings-namely: saints, angels and gods? The stupidity of male chauvinism-thinking that god is a male (He). The foolishness of giving god the attributes of a human, e.g. love, hate, anger, sex, hunger, discharging body waste while at the same time expecting nonhuman feats from it/them, the need to be praised or worshipped, or even the need to be bribed: god will listen to you if you gave your time, money and gold to god through his representatives, the elite priests. There is no god that can build his own house of worship; and the irony is why does the most powerful god need man to finance and build for him? Surely the super-being can build a far better house for himself than any mere human can ever achieve! If god is so powerful, why does he need my money, my time, and to constantly pay tribute to him? Do I need god or is it god that needs me? Are we so naïve that we don’t recognize the apparent fakeness of the multiple religions and gods that permeates our world today! Isn’t god your creation? Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Yahweh, and the billions of gods created by men since the beginning of the emergence of humanoids!
Finally, Show me just one god that built his own house of worship then you can prove me wrong.
You're right when you talk about yourself, and you're wrong when you talk about others.
RE: Can Any God Build His Own House of Warship?
(February 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm)sun Wrote: Show me a god that built his own house of warship and I will Shaw you a true god.
There is no god that can build his own house of worship!

When will mankind outgrow the idiocy of believing-in and worshiping men or men like entities as super beings-namely: saints, angels and gods?

It's all so ridiculous, so why doesn't everyone see the idiocy? If I could see the idiocy as a child, why are there still adults who believe in the whole crazy god thing?

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
Quote:It's all so ridiculous, so why doesn't everyone see the idiocy?

Once again;because religious belief has nothing to do with intellect. It's something we absorb by osmosis before the age of reason, and something few people ever seriously question. Those who do become atheists. I'm not sure if my theory explains adult conversion,a phenomenum which bewilders me.

Quote:If you could reason with religious people there wouldn't be any.(Greg House)
And if god built his own warship which would he choose?

The Bismark? or the U.S.S Missouri.

Or would he go old school and build the H.M.S Dreadnaught?

Decisions, decisions.....

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
No self respecting god would want to set plasma (or whatever) inside any of the concrete post war shit holes that pass as churches round here.
The Nazis managed to destroy most of the nice ones, and apparently the post office, (there is a plaque on the new one).

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:When will mankind outgrow the idiocy of believing-in and worshiping men or men like entities as super beings-

My money is on "never" because most of humanity is too fucking stupid for rational thought.

Welcome, btw.
House of Warship? Tongue

[satire]I can see how War-Shipping and Wor-Shipping as a fandom would definitely appeal to some people, in particular most Americans.[/satire].
House of worship?
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2686/kaaba.jpg
Woah.. it's real!
Let’s all sit back and let god do his miracles! He will build his own house without interference from men …in a trillion years from now...huh!
You're right when you talk about yourself, and you're wrong when you talk about others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I own an XBOX and that's good enough for me. Angrboda 5 462 July 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 409 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1755 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4327 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 12085 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 2012 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  How to easily defeat any argument for God Tom Fearnley 629 33601 November 22, 2019 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Tom Fearnley
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any ? Rahn127 1167 93498 January 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 30189 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 12175 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack