Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs of your first crush.......
Songs of your first crush.......
Back in my pre teens oin the 70s I ran into a girl I ws too frightened to ask out after seeing her in my local Catholic Church. I later found out in my first year of public high school, that she was cheerleader in a rival school from mine. I begged my mother to transfer me to that high school, which I did the next year. Needless to say, it was all for not. Who wants a nerd?

But here is the song I played over and over in my head after I first saw her.

RE: Songs of your first crush.......
I have sever A D D. I just noticed that I originally posted "Sons of your first crush" when I meant "Songs of your first crush". I just corrected it.

Anywho, this thread was an invite to all to post songs you identify with your first crush, in person or celebrity or whatever.
(March 28, 2020 at 9:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Back in my pre teens oin the 70s I ran into a girl I ws too frightened to ask out after seeing her in my local Catholic Church. I later found out in my first year of public high school, that she was cheerleader in a rival school from mine. I begged my mother to transfer me to that high school, which I did the next year. Needless to say, it was all for not. Who wants a nerd?

'Every Woman In The World' wasn't released until 1980.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 29, 2020 at 5:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 28, 2020 at 9:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Back in my pre teens oin the 70s I ran into a girl I ws too frightened to ask out after seeing her in my local Catholic Church. I later found out in my first year of public high school, that she was cheerleader in a rival school from mine. I begged my mother to transfer me to that high school, which I did the next year. Needless to say, it was all for not. Who wants a nerd?

Boru

sever A D D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFHWl-ZyRAg
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 29, 2020 at 5:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

I know that. I did meet the cheerleader at middle school age in church in the 1970s though. I applied that song to her when it came out in 80.
(March 30, 2020 at 7:37 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 29, 2020 at 5:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Every Woman In The World' wasn't released until 1980.

Boru

I know that. I did meet the cheerleader at middle school age in church in the 1970s though. I applied that song to her when it came out in 80.

I see. So you’re retroactively pathetic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My first crush was when I was 10 on a girl called Anna. Thinking now, what music springs to mind, it's this. Soppy, slushy, sentimental shite, which did not in ANY way reflect the nature of my, er... "feelings" toward Anna IIRC, but it was no 1 in the charts for 16 weeks so there it is. It was the theme tune to the movie Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves so us brits went all doolally over the track it would appear.

Quote:It was particularly successful in the United Kingdom, where it spent sixteen consecutive weeks at number one on the  (the longest run of its kind in British chart history).

The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I wasn't very good with girls back in the day... I'm still not great with woman. Good thing my wife likes and loves me. So, this was what my brain did around my first crush and every subsequent one after that:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What songs or artists send you diving for the off button? arewethereyet 139 10044 March 2, 2024 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Favourite Songs In Oddly Specific Catagories BrianSoddingBoru4 3 331 February 23, 2022 at 5:45 pm
  Post Trippy Songs vulcanlogician 69 4964 August 20, 2021 at 7:51 am
  What are some songs that have changed their meaning completely over time? FlatAssembler 1 240 November 15, 2020 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Sal
  Translating Songs FlatAssembler 28 2811 February 24, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stalky songs that make you think. Brian37 2 553 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Songs That Energize You Edwardo Piet 16 2880 June 30, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Favourite Parody/funny/quirky songs and music videos The Valkyrie 27 3387 January 25, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Songs That Make You Happy Shell B 159 15746 July 2, 2017 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4533 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster