Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WATCH: Gay Kentucky couple insulted and abused by county workers when they ask for a
WATCH: Gay Kentucky couple insulted and abused by county workers when they ask for a
[Image: David-V.-Moore-and-David-Ermold-YouTube-800x430.png]

A gay Kentucky couple met a hostile greeting when they attempted to request a marriage license in the county where they’ve lived for 10 years.
David V. Moore and David Ermold went Tuesday with a videographer friend to the courthouse in Rowan County to ask County Clerk Kim Davis to issue a marriage license.
Davis has vowed never to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and has claimed she has the religious freedom to ignore the U.S. Supreme Court ruling and orders from the governor and state attorney general.
“It’s a deep-rooted conviction; my conscience won’t allow me to do that,” Davis said. “It goes against everything I hold dear, everything sacred in my life.”
The ACLU of Kentucky filed a lawsuit last week against Davis — who is among just two of the state’s 120 county clerks to refuse to follow the law — on behalf of a lesbian couple and a gay couple who were also turned away.
Ermold and Moore recorded video of their experience at the Rowan County clerk’s office.
The couple stands awkwardly in the clerk’s office while another resident handles a personal matter until an office employee called out a question about five minutes after their arrival.
“Don’t you girls have anything better to do?” a woman asks the men and their friend.
The videographer says she had taken off work to help her friends, and the employee complains that some people had to work.
“Are you all wanting marriage license?” a male employee asks, and the couple said they were. “OK, we do not sell marriage license in this county. You can go to our surrounding counties – they’ll be more than happy to assist you.”
Ermold repeatedly tells the man that they preferred to wait and speak to a deputy clerk, one on one, rather than broadcast their business to the entire office.
“I didn’t know that what we were doing is the public’s business, all around here,” he says.
A man and woman arrive and walk obliviously past the couple, and a second female employee warns the group that she will call the police if they don’t stop recording video.
An employee offers to help the woman who had just arrived, and she seems confused as the deputy clerks argue with Moore and Ermold about whether they are next in line.
“I can’t help you – Kim will help you,” a female employee says, and Moore asks to speak with Davis.
“Your business has been taken care of,” the male employee says, and adds that Davis is too busy to speak to them.
Moore asks if anyone in the office can give them an application or help them obtain a marriage license.
“Kim can help us, but she can’t talk to us,” Moore says. “So if she can help us, she can talk to us.”
Davis at that point comes up to the counter to speak with the woman who had come in after them, the videographer says but keeps the camera pointed toward her friends.
A man and woman walk in at that point with cell phones recording video, and the man – who is wearing a T-shirt promoting a petition drive that reads “I support Kim” – says, “defense of ignorance.”
A sheriff’s deputy walks in moments later and approaches the counter, and Moore and Ermold follow him as the other man and woman continue recording video of the couple’s videographer friend.
The couple asks an employee to speak directly with Davis, and she says they may briefly speak with the county clerk if they wait.
Ermold tells the employee that he has a letter from Gov. Steve Beshear ordering all county clerks to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, and he says he also brought the Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.
“We know what it reads, sir, and we’re not issuing any licenses,” the woman says. “You need to talk to her. You can go to any other county and get your marriage license. We’re just not doing it at this time – not even for other people.”
Ermold points out that they own property, pay taxes and have lived in Rowan County for a decade.
“It’s her choice,” the employee objects, and Ermold reminds her that Davis does not have that right as a paid public employee who is sworn to uphold the law. “We have the right, too, as a Christian, she feels, not to do this.”
The employee asks the couple to have a seat and wait to speak with Davis, and they agree to do so.
Davis finally comes up to the counter to speak with them more than 10 minutes after they arrived, and she asks them to not put away the video recording device.
The videographer reminds the county clerk they have a right to record video, and the male employee interjects.
“It’s also common courtesy not to shove it in people’s faces,” he says, and Moore agrees to turn off the camera.
The couple did not obtain a marriage license from Davis.

[Image: rawstory-logo-red.jpg]

Such a mistreatment was expected to occur after SCOTUS ruling and despite that ruling.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: WATCH: Gay Kentucky couple insulted and abused by county workers when they ask for a
I think that asshole said "The face of ignorance" not "defense of ignorance".

I wonder if any straight couples have tried to get their license in that county. That's a hidden camera video I'd want to see.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
RE: WATCH: Gay Kentucky couple insulted and abused by county workers when they ask for a
Only the beginning, they'll get more inventive. just wait for it................
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hopefully, the secular community can get more creative to counter their hateful asses.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I am looking forward to all of the lawsuits against these asshole bigots. We pretty well know how they will turn out when pushed to the Supreme Court.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Most of the time I think, "people aren't really bigots! If they were just faced with the objects of their bigotry, they would stop being that way!"

Until I see things like this. People really are awful.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(July 8, 2015 at 4:45 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: We pretty well know how they will turn out when pushed to the Supreme Court.

I doubt that. SCOTUS can only force them to give the license but forcing them won't change their minds. It's gonna take more drastic measures to stop hating for good.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Fuck them. Opinions are one thing, but shitting all over other people's lives is another.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Send in the social workers. onlinebiker 57 4478 November 1, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone going to watch the Jan 6th hearings? Brian37 39 3271 July 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Vegan couple banned from owning pets Foxaèr 11 965 May 9, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Florida humanist gives first secular invocation at Brevard County brewer 4 276 February 1, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats Secular Elf 6 405 July 20, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Woman Threatens Hispanic Couple BrianSoddingBoru4 20 916 July 3, 2020 at 2:22 am
Last Post: no one
  Sod Krakatoa: This Is The One To Watch BrianSoddingBoru4 4 426 April 13, 2020 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Kentucky Fried Potus Brian37 2 378 November 6, 2019 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6651 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Did anyone watch the Congressional hearing? Brian37 5 539 July 13, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Brian37