Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockdown Trivia, Phase II
Lockdown Trivia, Phase II
In terms of 1960s American television, what do the following words have in common:

-sock

-swish

-plop

-bunk

-bap

Who are the only two people EVER to have won both a Nobel Prize and an Oscar?

What type of product was first advertised on television in the UK on 1 August 1987?

Only two films that did not reach #1 at the US box office became the top grossing film of the year worldwide in their respective years of release.  Name either.

This one's kind of a two-fer - you need to figure out the clues and then determine the connection between the answers.

-Disney deer

-The orphanage made famous by the Beatles

-A rhyming distress call

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Lockdown Trivia, Phase II
In terms of 1960s American television, what do the following words have in common:

-sock

-swish

-plop

-bunk

-bap

These look like the 'sound effect' balloons from the old Batman series.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Can I have my vodka martini shaken, not stirred?

Wink wink nudge nudge... 

Say no more..
This one's kind of a two-fer - you need to figure out the clues and then determine the connection between the answers.

-Disney deer - Bambi was orphaned

-The orphanage made famous by the Beatles - Strawberry Fields

-A rhyming distress call- May Day

Damnit - this is nearly a riddle, ya bum...I can make an attempt at some of it - I am not sure of the connection - I'll get back to you.

Who are the only two people EVER to have won both a Nobel Prize and an Oscar? - Bob Dylan

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 16, 2020 at 4:34 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: This one's kind of a two-fer - you need to figure out the clues and then determine the connection between the answers.

Damnit - this is nearly a riddle, ya bum...I can make an attempt at some of it - I am not sure of the connection - I'll get back to you.

The origin of mayday - from the French...

Merde......

You say it three times when things really go wrong.....

Big Grin
(April 16, 2020 at 4:31 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Can I have my vodka martini shaken, not stirred?

Wink wink nudge nudge... 

Say no more..

Not a fan...got the clues, not the connection.

(April 16, 2020 at 4:30 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: In terms of 1960s American television, what do the following words have in common:

-sock

-swish

-plop

-bunk

-bap

These look like the 'sound effect' balloons from the old Batman series.

Spot on. That’s it exactly.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 16, 2020 at 4:31 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Can I have my vodka martini shaken, not stirred?

Wink wink nudge nudge... 

Say no more..

Clever clogs. Good work!

Boru
(April 16, 2020 at 4:34 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: This one's kind of a two-fer - you need to figure out the clues and then determine the connection between the answers.

Who are the only two people EVER to have won both a Nobel Prize and an Oscar? - Bob Dylan

The last I checked, Bob Dylan isn’t two people. Smile

Boru
damnit

George Bernard Shaw and Bob Dylan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some silly trivia questions arewethereyet 7 602 March 29, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Bifurcated Trivia: The Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 5 479 April 24, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bifurcated Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1822 April 16, 2021 at 4:42 pm
  More Pointless Trivia (Answers) BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1036 December 20, 2020 at 5:42 am
  How barbarian have you gotten in lockdown? Gawdzilla Sama 23 3417 June 4, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Lockdown Trivia: The Final Chapter BrianSoddingBoru4 6 826 May 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm
  Lockdown Trivia V BrianSoddingBoru4 92 5243 May 5, 2020 at 5:07 am
  Lockdown Trivia, IV BrianSoddingBoru4 9 962 April 28, 2020 at 5:03 am
  Lockdown Trivia, Stage III BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1079 April 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Star Lockdown Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 22 4304 April 17, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: tackattack