Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockdown Trivia, IV
Lockdown Trivia, IV
In 1976, the first song to reach #1 in the UK contained the title of the second song to reach #1 that same year. Name both songs.

What are the next two words in the following sequence: speed, acceleration, snap,...

What (tenuous) connection does Knebworth Park have with Bohemia?

A 1967 song and a 1976 song both contain the word ‘fandango’. Name both.

How did Kurt Russell cost Quentin Tarantino US$40 000?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Lockdown Trivia, IV

Technically, one was a 1975 song, and I think Kurt cost the C.F. Martin company $40,000 and not Quentin.

I’ll leave the other three to the rest of you, if they can figure it out.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 26, 2020 at 8:05 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Technically, one was a 1975 song, and I think Kurt cost the C.F. Martin company $40,000 and not Quentin.

I’ll leave the other three to the rest of you, if they can figure it out.

Yup, ‘75. Mea culpa.

Tarantino has to post a surety bond with Martin for the use of the guitar, so Tarantino was out of pocket, not Martin.

Those nitpicks aside, VERY well done.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 26, 2020 at 7:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In 1976, the first song to reach #1 in the UK contained the title of the second song to reach #1 that same year. Name both songs.

What are the next two words in the following sequence: speed, acceleration, snap,...

What (tenuous) connection does Knebworth Park have with Bohemia?

Boru

Whiter Shade of Pale (One of my favorite songs btw.)

Bohemian Rhapsody

Destroyed a guitar on the set of Hateful Eight

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Quote:Destroyed a guitar on the set of Hateful Eight.

According to Tarantino, Jennifer Jason Leigh’s reaction to the guitar smash was genuine. In the scene, she looks off set and shouts, ‘No, no, no!!’.

Boru

... crankshaft, penis.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Crackle, Pop

Botched that other two-was on my phone and videos don't always display...ooops.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 27, 2020 at 12:08 pm)brewer Wrote: What are the next two words in the following sequence: speed, acceleration, snap,...

... crankshaft, penis.

Full marks for creativity, at least.   Hilarious

Boru
(April 27, 2020 at 12:15 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: What are the next two words in the following sequence: speed, acceleration, snap,...

Crackle, Pop

Botched that other two-was on my phone and videos don't always display...ooops.

Well done. 

Boru
The Unguessed:

First song to reach #1 in 1976 was 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen, which contained the phrase 'Mamma Mia' (ABBA), the second #1 song (Editor's Note:  The preceding should not any way be construed as endorsing, supporting or enjoying the alleged 'music' of ABBA.  It is simply recounting an historic fact).

Knebworth Park was the last time all four original members of Queen appeared together.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some silly trivia questions arewethereyet 7 609 March 29, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Bifurcated Trivia: The Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 5 480 April 24, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bifurcated Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1825 April 16, 2021 at 4:42 pm
  More Pointless Trivia (Answers) BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1052 December 20, 2020 at 5:42 am
  How barbarian have you gotten in lockdown? Gawdzilla Sama 23 3419 June 4, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Lockdown Trivia: The Final Chapter BrianSoddingBoru4 6 843 May 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm
  Lockdown Trivia V BrianSoddingBoru4 92 5254 May 5, 2020 at 5:07 am
  Lockdown Trivia, Stage III BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1091 April 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Star Lockdown Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 22 4333 April 17, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Lockdown Trivia, Phase II BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1097 April 17, 2020 at 6:26 am