Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Pointless Trivia (Answers)
More Pointless Trivia (Answers)
Mainly because I'm bored.

1. Who or what are Sheep-Cote Clod, Gully Gawk, Stubby, Spoon-Licker, Pot-Scraper, Bowl-Licker, Door-Slammer, Yogurt-Gobbler, Sausage-Swiper, Window-Peeper, Doorway-Sniffer, Meat-Hook, and Candle-Stealer? (hint:  Holiday-themed answer)

2. The term 'road rage' was coined in 1988, but when was the first recorded instance of road rage? (hint:  NOT '1988)

3.  You're sitting down watching telly when you suddenly smell burning toast. What does this signify? (hint: not what you've been told)

4.  Where is the most remote statue of Vladimir Lenin? (hint: 'remotest' meaning 'farthest from any continuously inhabited areas')

5.  How many poles does the earth have? (hint:  Not, it's not 2 or 4)

6.  Under what circumstances is the word 'rebate' correctly pronounced as 'rabbit'? (hint: Tradesmen)

7.  What is the most frightening thing about sharks? (hint: Not their teeth)

8.  How many outlaws were convicted by courts in the American old west? (hint: it's less than 100)

9.  How would you defend yourself against this fierce-looking creature? (hint: 'With a gun' is disallowed as an answer)

10.  How many paintings did Vincent Van Gogh sell during his lifetime? (hint:  THIS IS A TRICK QUESTION!!)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: More Pointless Trivia
5. ca. 40mio
10. 0
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(December 16, 2020 at 8:11 am)Deesse23 Wrote: 5. ca. 40mio
10. 0

Not sure what '40mio' means.

#10 is wrong.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
40 millions
Oh.  Nope.

Boru
1. Santa's backup reindeer.

2. 1934 (wild guess).

3. That you forgot you'd put toast on.

4. Iceland.

5. About 60 million (in Poleland).

6. Rabbit baiters.

7. When they fly

8. 11

9. I wouldn't. It's extinct.

10. One. It was bought by a family member.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 16, 2020 at 8:37 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: 1.  Santa's backup reindeer.

2. 1934 (wild guess).

3. That you forgot you'd put toast on.

4.  Iceland.

5.  About 60 million (in Poleland).

6. Rabbit baiters.

7.  When they fly

8.  11

9.  I wouldn't.  It's extinct.

10.  One.  It was bought by a family member.

1. No, but not terribly far off the mark.

2. Nope.

3. Well done! (the notion that you smell burnt toast while having a stroke is a myth) (alternate acceptable answer: the pop-up mechanism on your toasted is broken)

4. Nope.

5. Answers like this are why your date didn't go well.  Smile

6. Don't be so silly.

7. Not even close.

8.  Nope.

9. Assume it wasn't extinct for the purposes of the question.

10. Nope.

Boru
6. Correctly pronounced "rabbet", a step-shaped recess cut along the edge or in the face of a piece of wood, typically forming a match to the edge or tongue of another piece. Extra credit for blind rabbets.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(December 16, 2020 at 9:19 am)Fireball Wrote: 6. Correctly pronounced "rabbet", a step-shaped recess cut along the edge or in the face of a piece of wood, typically forming a match to the edge or tongue of another piece. Extra credit for blind rabbets.

Well done! It's spelt 'rebate' in the UK, but pronounced the same.

Boru
7. They only rarely get cancer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some silly trivia questions arewethereyet 7 609 March 29, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  No so Obvious Answers Goosebump 0 227 January 2, 2022 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Bifurcated Trivia: The Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 5 480 April 24, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bifurcated Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1824 April 16, 2021 at 4:42 pm
  Lockdown Trivia: The Final Chapter BrianSoddingBoru4 6 841 May 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm
  Lockdown Trivia V BrianSoddingBoru4 92 5248 May 5, 2020 at 5:07 am
  Lockdown Trivia, IV BrianSoddingBoru4 9 970 April 28, 2020 at 5:03 am
  Lockdown Trivia, Stage III BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1088 April 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Star Lockdown Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 22 4327 April 17, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Lockdown Trivia, Phase II BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1095 April 17, 2020 at 6:26 am