Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you
Information 
You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you

The classic argument/excuse goes like this: how do I know that God exists? why would I search for such an existence?

The answer is in this Quranic verse:

Sura 25
( 36 )   And We said, "Go both of you to the people who have denied Our signs." Then We destroyed them with [complete] destruction.
( 37 )   And the people of Noah - when they denied the messengers, We drowned them, and We made them for mankind a sign. And We have prepared for the wrongdoers a painful punishment.
( 38 )   And [We destroyed] 'Aad and Thamud and the companions of the well and many generations between them.
( 39 )   And for each We presented examples [as warnings], and each We destroyed with [total] destruction.
( 40 )   And they have already come upon the town which was showered with a rain of evil. So have they not seen it? But they are not expecting resurrection.

The answer to the classic argument is my bold; verse 40: actually despite the signs; a group will disbelieve and reject because of the hatred of the resurrection idea. The hate of judgement.

It's not always about logic. In many times it's about will,dreams and wishes. People don't want heaven and hell; but want "neverland" and "pokemon go"; need a place where one is never judged for their sins.

Well, the story's told with facts and lies; but it's rare to see a brave person who is ready to tell with truth and truth only. Look around you; everybody lies.
Everybody kisses sins.
Many will blind and close shut their eyes in front of very clear signs; signs like the cosmos, aging, dead bodies and their foul smell, graves, bones, trees, rain, love, hate.

In terms of believing; life is very fishy and strange. A normal sane human will detect how phony it is; how fishy, how stupid, how unfair. Those who want to live it up have serious issues with their logic: it is going to end so what the hell???

You do stuff in it and you can see their end, you have sex and contribute to the advent of a new human KNOWING that he/she will grow old and die, or die before that, you can also see the rain coming over seasons to give life to dry crops, you see the crops dying and become dry, in a scene repeated day by day.

Weird? mmmm what's new? 
Humans love to dream. It's not like they can't notice; the idea is their in our heads. Yes; they even came up with a word called "routine" to describe this repetitive cycle.

Life itself should lead you to seek another life, a better life, a life that only exists in the stories told by religions.
Here is where one seeks the truth; learns about God, and in a moment of true divine guidance that person chooses Islam.

Sura 10
( 7 )   Indeed, those who do not expect the meeting with Us and are satisfied with the life of this world and feel secure therein and those who are heedless of Our signs
( 8 )   For those their refuge will be the Fire because of what they used to earn.
( 9 )   Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds - their Lord will guide them because of their faith. Beneath them rivers will flow in the Gardens of Pleasure

Desperation comes from life itself. Life on earth have no taste because of the "T" in the plain of life: WE LIVE IN THE SPACE/TIME FABRIC.
It's always a space, with a Time that haunts good times. 

All the pretty moments end; you know that just like I also know that. True vigilance and bravery are in admitting the truth, and realize the "Time" needle that is tearing the fabric of this world; promising us all of a decay; along with the toys around us (toys like the sun; the moon...etc).

Realizing that is guidance. Realizing that is what makes me desperate, but very so inclined to good deeds. This fabric is a mere test, this is the only way that makes sense.
RE: You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you
[Image: mike.lane.no.outrage.gif]
Please provide some testable evidence of the existence of any gods. (an old book is the claim not the evidence)

I don't believe in any gods, not allah, zeus, yahweh, thor, odin, neptune or any of the other thousands of gods man has invented to cover his ignorance of how the world works for the same reason I don't believe in goblins, pixies or the tooth fairy
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

AtlasS33: This argument is one that I am quite familiar with. Threat of Hellfire, Judgement, Wrath of God upon us while we still live in this world. It is nothing new. Fundamentalist Christians everywhere regurgitate the same old chyme everyday. That is all Islam is. Regurgitated slop from the Old and New Testament. Ever been to a Baptist or Pentacostal funeral? Probably not , but your post sounds exactly like the eulogy you would hear at such an occasion. Change a few words of course. Nothing special.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(August 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The classic argument/excuse goes like this: how do I know that God exists? why would I search for such an existence?

Uhm... That is not an argument, nor an excuse. Those are in fact TWO questions. And the answers are pretty simple:
1. I don't know that god exists and neither do you.
2. Exactly. I wouldn't search for existence of god. It's a futile pursuit of fantasy, for people who desperately want to be some sky-daddy's little b*tches and thereby avoid responsibility for their own lives.

(August 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The answer is in this Quranic verse:[...]

...Aaand you lost me. If I need your book of nonsense, in order to know why I should search for your imaginary friend then obviously - I don't need your god, or your book. It's an obvious scam - the same book, that invents the "problem" - offers the "solution". Yeah, thanks, but the way I see it - if I stay away from the damn Quran, I have no need for Allah. And vice versa.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Why do you keep posting this stuff? I have no idea what you think it will achieve.

I don't care if this all part of some whimsical game for the amusement of a bored deity. I'll carry on as normal, makes no difference.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
There might be something seriously wrong with me. I've got awful gas right now and I don't know why.

It won't stop...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I can't make much sense of most of this, but I'll tackle a few points:

(August 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The classic argument/excuse goes like this: how do I know that God exists? why would I search for such an existence?

Considering hardly any theists can even define what "god" means, how could I possibly search for it? I wouldn't know it if I found it. And also considering any attempts at definition hide it from any sort of science, I couldn't search for it even if I wanted to. God is rather better equipped to find me, I would expect. If its idea of fun is celestial hide and seek, I have better things to do with my time. It doesn't help that it has glued me to a rock in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by lethal atmosphere.

Quote:It's not always about logic. In many times it's about will,dreams and wishes. People don't want heaven and hell; but want "neverland" and "pokemon go"; need a place where one is never judged for their sins.

Reality is about logic. Imagination can be whatever you want. Dreams, wishes and emotions are not reliable indicators of reality.

Abandoning logic is a big mistake. For a start, you can't draw any conclusions. That requires logic. You've thrown away all your tools.

Quote:Everybody kisses sins.

Sin is an imaginary concept created by religions to shame people into obedience. It works, sadly.

Quote:Life itself should lead you to seek another life, a better life, a life that only exists in the stories told by religions.
Here is where one seeks the truth; learns about God, and in a moment of true divine guidance that person chooses Islam.

It should? That sounds like an expectation, not an observation about reality. This has nothing to do with truth. Pledging allegiance to a load of tribal myths does nothing to alter what happens after you die. What you find reasonable has no bearing on what is true.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(August 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The answer to the classic argument is my bold; verse 40: actually despite the signs; a group will disbelieve and reject because of the hatred of the resurrection idea. The hate of judgement.

It's not that we hate your god, or the idea of being judged for evil deeds. It's that, despite the "signs", there is no concrete evidence of any particular deity. The morals of the holy books are largely outdated. Why is it that, at best, the moral code of this god is only slightly better than the contemporary morals of the culture the books were written in?

Though I suppose if we found out he was real, we would have some good reasons to view him as evil. That's just not the #1 reason for many people's disbelief.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I disbelieve because of a lack of evidence.

I reject most religions on the grounds that they are vile. Yes, Islam included. I'm not interested, regardless of any truth they may have accidentally stumbled across.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10163 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2494 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 10319 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1409 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1121 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7001 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7713 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2357 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1709 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9016 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU