Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:11 am

Poll: What will you do with the stimulus money from the IRS?
This poll is closed.
Save it.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Spend it.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Invest it.
0%
0 0%
I didn't receive it, but I'll take donations.
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky-Assed Americans: What Will You Do with Your $1200?
Lucky-Assed Americans: What Will You Do with Your $1200?
I wake up this morning and checked my bank account balance, which I always do before going to the store, so I won’t go too long without knowing what I’ve got. Lo and behold the I.R. freaking S. had deposited $1200.

For a minute I was confused. You don’t mess with the IRS. . Then I remembered a friend had told me the government was going to do that. I thought I had to do something to apply for the money, and I hadn’t done anything because . . .

Well, there it was. Did you get it? What to do with it? If you don’t know what to do with it, you can send it to me. It will not be wasted, I assure you.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Lucky-Assed Americans: What Will You Do with Your $1200?
We got ours two weeks ago. Put it on our credit card balances.
Stuck it in the bank.

I'll keep it there til I find a really good deal on something.
I was finally able to log in and enter our direct deposit information last Saturday so we are waiting for ours.

My half will go to the balance owed on my car.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Not American, but we have something similar here (ongoing, not a one shot deal). Ours is going to the Kaeo Kerikeri Community Food Bank.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I got mine yesterday. I checked my balance this morning for the first time in a week because internet access in Phoenix has gotten spotty because of all the people sitting at home and streaming movies. And there it was.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
You don't have a "donate it" option. Ours will be donated over the next few months, all $2400 of it. There are people who need it a lot worse than we do.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(April 30, 2020 at 7:08 pm)Fireball Wrote: You don't have a "donate it" option. Ours will be donated over the next few months, all $2400 of it. There are people who need it a lot worse than we do.

Same here - our payments are directly deposited, so we simply write a draft for that amount to the food bank.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Use it to buy mown forum, with blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the forum
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(April 30, 2020 at 7:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 30, 2020 at 7:08 pm)Fireball Wrote: You don't have a "donate it" option. Ours will be donated over the next few months, all $2400 of it. There are people who need it a lot worse than we do.

Same here - our payments are directly deposited, so we simply write a draft for that amount to the food bank.

Boru

Yes, it'll be going to local needs. I'm really happy to do this donating, because I've been in the reverse situation in the past where we were given food and such when I was out of work (really, at the time I had 3 part time jobs, so I wasn't "out of work", per se).
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Americans view the British Cod 81 6271 December 26, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Fireball
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 6643 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 10568 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Are you okay with your (or your partner's) vajayjay? Whateverist 242 29773 October 9, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Question to all Americans: why do you refer to vehicles and ships as "she"? rado84 38 5736 July 15, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Dear Americans: What's the leading cause of death among the young? Aractus 71 10681 November 20, 2014 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Obese Teenage Americans have low I.Q. JohnDG 2 1388 September 5, 2012 at 8:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Russian man trying to out wierd americans downbeatplumb 12 2910 November 10, 2011 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  How non-americans view America kılıç_mehmet 30 9173 November 1, 2011 at 2:37 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Single motherhood least tolerated by Americans. Dotard 13 3841 February 25, 2011 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: orogenicman