Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introduction
introduction
Hello I’m an atheist who is interested in debate and thought, I was thinking to join these forums to talk about religion with atheists and Christians or any other religious people. Considering that I’m ex-catholic I’m most familiar with Christianity.
RE: introduction
Welcome.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Are you familiar with tacos? And if so, where are they?
(August 8, 2020 at 10:20 am)Xaventis Wrote: Hello I’m an atheist who is interested in debate and thought, I was thinking to join these forums to talk about religion with atheists and Christians or any other religious people. Considering that I’m ex-catholic I’m most familiar with Christianity.

Being a former Catholic myself, I cannot tell you how many times I have been told by other sects of Christianity that I picked the wrong sect.

Sunnis and Shiites argue the same thing. 

It is exactly like when your parents try to get you to eat food you don't like when you are a kid. "You haven't had it like this".

I see all religions as ice cream, and all sub sects. It all sounds good to all the different sects, and all argue over the different flavors. But ultimately they all have nothing but sugar and impossible utopias.
Hi.

One does not choose their religion. Convictions don't work like choosing an ice cream.

If, someday, I was suffiently convinced that a diety existed, then I would believe that to be true despite what other people's would say.

Anyways, welcome.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(August 8, 2020 at 10:20 am)Xaventis Wrote: Hello I’m an atheist who is interested in debate and thought, I was thinking to join these forums to talk about religion with atheists and Christians or any other religious people. Considering that I’m ex-catholic I’m most familiar with Christianity.

Welcome Woof.

I'll discuss with you and joke around, but I won't debate.

And most of us are ex-(insert religion here). Not all of us are rabid about it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 8, 2020 at 10:43 am)no one Wrote: Are you familiar with tacos? And if so, where are they?

What?
(August 8, 2020 at 12:02 pm)Xaventis Wrote:
(August 8, 2020 at 10:43 am)no one Wrote: Are you familiar with tacos? And if so, where are they?

What?
Running joke. If they get too weird just nod and smile and back slowly out of the room.
(August 8, 2020 at 11:25 am)Brian37 Wrote: Being a former Catholic myself, I cannot tell you how many times I have been told by other sects of Christianity that I picked the wrong sect.

Sunnis and Shiites argue the same thing. 

Only Protestantism disproves itself because Protestantism is in direct violations with the bible.
To your surprise  I can disarm every protestant in minutes while there is little literature on catholic out there debunking Catholicism from a atheist perspective. The best  I have is that Catholicism is self contradictory.

If the bible and the church conflicts who has presidence? And if the catholic chose the church then why even have this bible book around? What is the point of reading from this bible thing?

The rest is the usual
"why should anyone believe what this guy in funny clothing says?"

It also does not help that the RCC has a nasty habit of faking miracles or investigating disturbed people or fakers who want to have a miracle verified by the RCC.

(August 8, 2020 at 12:08 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 8, 2020 at 12:02 pm)Xaventis Wrote: What?
Running joke. If they get too weird just nod and smile and back slowly out of the room.

OK thanks for this info.
Welcome!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 733 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 971 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1955 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1408 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3973 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2270 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2003 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1163 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 978 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Star The Caen Leranzo Introduction CaenLeranzo 18 1217 March 4, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: CaenLeranzo