Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Scientologists
Damned Scientologists
What? There wasn't a damned thread about Scientologists yet?! WTF?

I guess I'll start one

There's a very new documentary about Scientology done by a guy who already made a documentary about Scientology.

It was supposed to air on Australian TV but they gave up on it, and instead dropped it unofficially on the internet.

After watching it I get why they decided not to air it, and it was because the movie is centered on Paul Haggis who was "coincidentally" accused of rape just as he left Scientology. And although they try to talk about other stuff, like that Tom Cruise is a monster, and how Scientologists attack people on the streets, it all comes back to Haggis and its seen from his perspective.

So considering that the trial is still going on, I can understand why TV channel didn't want to air it.

Anyway, here's the link to the movie

https://tonyortega.org/scientology-black...even-news/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zK6T3Ol...p=drivesdk
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Damned Scientologists
There's about as much science in Scientology as there is fun in Fundamentalism.
I like South Park's take on them.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This is risky business, Zemu won't be pleased. Legend has it, Tom Cruise will use all the right moves to send you to oblivion.
(October 11, 2020 at 10:08 pm)no one Wrote: This is risky business, Zemu won't be pleased. Legend has it, Tom Cruise will use all the right moves to send you to oblivion.

Tom Cruise is just another greasy actor in the way I'm just some greasy guy off the street, except for the part where he has 1000X more money than I do. Maybe even more than that. Meh, I have enough to live on...even though I still have to fix my own yard watering system.  Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The Cult of Intergalactic Space Cooties.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

According to this documentary, Scientologists are trying to play Hannibal Lecter, in that if you criticize them in public they send people who then talk you into killing yourself. Like they approach you in public and whisper in your ear: "Kill yourself." Or rent an apartment in your building and become a friendly neighbor who just happens to tell you to jump off the roof.

video

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I guess I have a burning question about Scientology but no one to ask because I don't know any ex Scientologists, so maybe someone here will know the answer. And I have decided to put it in this topic instead of opening a new one because I don't expect it to have many responses and I wouldn't even know how to name that new topic.

I was wondering how come the actress and Scientologist, Erika Christensen, was allowed to perform in the Christian propaganda movie "The Case for Christ (2017)"? Wouldn't the upper echelons of Scientology punish her for that? Or is it that money is the most important thing to them all? She had one of the top billings in that movie.

Don't Scientologists see Christianity as something that evil Xenu implanted in people as an illusion to drive them away from the "awakening" that Scientology offers? So wouldn't Erika Christensen's starring in a Christian propaganda movie be equal to a catholic actress starring in a movie that praises Satan?
(January 28, 2021 at 2:54 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Don't Scientologists see Christianity as something that evil Xenu implanted in people as an illusion to drive them away from the "awakening" that Scientology offers? So wouldn't Erika Christensen's starring in a Christian propaganda movie be equal to a catholic actress starring in a movie that praises Satan?
Just for the record, (at least until they were leaked around the time of LRH's death) the Xenu story is only meant to be told to people who reach OT3, which takes somewhere in the area of $150 grand and several years' worth of courses. As a result, only about 10% of Scientologists actually reach that point. And before you reach that point, the Co$ insists that its tech is compatible with all other religions. I don't know how far she's gone up The Bridge, but if she's one of the 90% who haven't reached OT3, she likely doesn't know better (bear in mind, the Co$ insists that converts must learn about their new doctrine only at the speed they're willing to spoon-feed it to them, a term they call Gradient) and the higher-ups won't punish her for it, or if she has, they're probably okay with allowing it because it reinforces the claim that Scientology is compatible with all other religions.

Or maybe, since she hasn't done much since, she's currently stuck in The Hole for violating Miscaviage's whims.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I recently watched a couple episodes from the docuseries by Leah Remini about Scientology and just couldn't watch any more. There were several interviews with people who were either born into it or were in it for a long time and the stuff they talked about was just so damn bizarre.

I get that most religions are bizarre but this is some seriously whacked out stuff. The way people were/are treated, the money they put into it, and the things they believe are impossible for me to comprehend. I enjoy learning about cults but this one is just too much.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 498 56452 March 16, 2024 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1994 295543 March 16, 2024 at 8:19 am
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 747 123545 March 12, 2024 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 830 113136 March 5, 2024 at 1:21 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 21964 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 43958 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2378 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am