Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence goes on "Poor Me" tour....
Pence goes on "Poor Me" tour....
The Hill Is Alive with the sound of an asshole.

Yea Pence, we do shun asshole bigots. No, we are not sorry.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-...pare-to-be
RE: Pence goes on "Poor Me" tour....
Just when you think people can't get any more stupid, someone shows up to prove that they can be.
Pence said, "Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs."

Um, that's because many traditional Christian beliefs are themselves intolerant. It's not hypocrisy to oppose them.

However, we do have to be careful not to paint all Christians with the same brush. They are very diverse.
(May 12, 2019 at 10:36 am)Alan V Wrote: Pence said, "Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs."

Um, that's because many traditional Christian beliefs are themselves intolerant.  It's not hypocrisy to oppose them.

However, we do have to be careful not to paint all Christians with the same brush.  They are very diverse.

Yet these same assholes rightfully point out ISIS's intolerance.  "At least we don't throw our gays off rooftops," is not an argument for being a asshole bigot.
(May 12, 2019 at 10:36 am)Alan V Wrote: Pence said, "Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs."
That's a complete falsehood. Stupid, lying motherfuckers.
This kind of blatant lie is what divides us. We've seen this before with the "war on Christmas".
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
*puke*
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
If they'd stop forcing their beliefs on other's they'd probably be left alone. False entitlement should not be rewarded or ignored.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 12, 2019 at 11:54 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Um, that's because many traditional Christian beliefs are themselves intolerant.  It's not hypocrisy to oppose them.

However, we do have to be careful not to paint all Christians with the same brush.  They are very diverse.

Yet these same assholes rightfully point out ISIS's intolerance.  "At least we don't throw our gays off rooftops," is not an argument for being a asshole bigot.

There are certainly degrees of bigotry involved.  Everyone likes to feel superior to someone about some things. Credit where credit is due I guess, but some of such accomplishments aren't much to brag about.

Since I think naturalism described human behaviors better than dogmas, I think most Christians act like most other people most of the time.  It's only when they have to signal to others about their group identities that they get all weird about certain issues, just like other people do when concerned about their group identities.  Because of that, I take issue with Christians on a point-by-point basis.  In other words, I look more at what people do than at what they say.
And what about when Christians ridicule religion of other Christians?

I mean William Lane Craig finds Mike Pence's beliefs ridiculous.
Read the article.  I'm not sure what was objectionable about what Pence said.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Madonna is back (new tour) Fake Messiah 1 544 January 28, 2023 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  When Darwin goes on a date with Karma ignoramus 4 263 April 19, 2021 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What will you do when GM goes all electric? onlinebiker 38 1441 January 30, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1108 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor? Greatest I am 35 1833 December 1, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Donald Trump is Poor DeistPaladin 55 2213 October 2, 2020 at 6:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 3006 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Poor Mark Zuckerberg popeyespappy 4 619 July 26, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Poor Ivanka, shuts down her name brand. Brian37 7 1163 July 25, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Justin Trudeau Goes On American Television To Protest Trump's Tariffs Amarok 11 876 June 6, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie