Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof of life on beyond Earth?
Proof of life on beyond Earth?
Fossils of Cyanobacteria in CI1 Carbonaceous Meteorites
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
RE: Proof of life on beyond Earth?
Interesting, but I'll wait till its been peer reviewed properly before I get too excited.

I've been caught out by these stories before.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Life beyond Earth is just BA.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(March 6, 2011 at 10:41 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Interesting, but I'll wait till its been peer reviewed properly before I get too excited.

I've been caught out by these stories before.

Yeah, there seems to be some question about it. I guess when the big news breaks, we'll find it in more legit sources like Science or Scientific American.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life eating other life. Brian37 42 2236 May 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the age of the earth jasonelijah 88 5198 March 30, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  quality of life or life for life's sake tackattack 37 2294 November 24, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  No official name for earth's moon Foxaèr 32 2063 March 4, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Life Began on Earth Rhondazvous 11 2797 January 12, 2016 at 5:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Primordial earth much more hospitable to life than imagined. Anomalocaris 0 965 September 17, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  SO THE EVIL EVOLUTIONIST SCIENTIST FIRED MARK H. ARMITAGE FOR DISPROVING OLD EARTH Duke Guilmon 13 6732 July 28, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Duke Guilmon
  The Earth must be older than 7000 years, then! pocaracas 5 2693 April 25, 2013 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Comets could have seeded life on Earth Minimalist 19 5985 March 13, 2013 at 2:33 am
Last Post: colossal123
  How many species on Earth? 8.7 million give or take Justtristo 5 2875 August 29, 2011 at 9:21 am
Last Post: zip_ster