Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF NPR?
WTF NPR?
I have heard this three times on Michigan Radio (NPR) - but cannot find the story online...

They say that a guy involved in the plot to kidnap Michigan' s governor has been charged with "illegally owning a long range sniper rifle".....

?????

Makes zero sense...

Just heard it again - a Wisconsin man.... Been indicted by grand jury....
RE: WTF NPR?
Not alot to go on...but if I had to guess, it's a statement about the forfeiture allegation in their indictment.

Does it "make sense"...well, yes, the otherwise legal ownership of any firearm becomes a criminal issue when the state asserts that you intended to commit a crime with it. We're allowed to possess a long gun, but were' not actually allowed to continue to possess a long gun which we intend to use to overthrow the us government. It's a long winded way of saying that we're not going to let you keep your toys if you intended to commit a crime with your toys. We will take your toys away, throw you in a cell, and, depending on the state, no longer allow you to have toys or maybe even no longer allow you to have a meaningful or consequential position on the possession of those toys.

TLDR - fucking give it, you traitor. You're no longer trusted with a slingshot, let alone a rifle.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It could also be an easier charge to prove at the current time. IIRC, until they could prove Timothy McVeigh was responsible for the attack in Oklahoma City, they had him on the hook for driving without a license plate.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It's not a holding charge, it's a confiscation charge.

That is the least intrusive way to deal with the problem. Hand me your pistol, and I'll get around to you when I get to you. Granted, that's in isolation, these dumbasses are also facing holding charges, because they're traitors. It's not like they were planning to knock over a 7/11.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The charge was specifically " illegally owning a long range rifle".

That is not a crime - not even a misdemeanor - in Michigan.

Are they going to charge them with illegally owning a car - that they planned to use in a kidnap?

Nope ...

You charge them with kidnap, attempting kidnap, or plotting to kidnap.

You don' t make up phony shit to charge them with.
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.227b Carrying or possessing firearm when committing or attempting to commit felony; carrying or possessing pneumatic gun; exception; “law enforcement officer” defined.
Sec. 227b.

(1) A person who carries or has in his or her possession a firearm when he or she commits or attempts to commit a felony, except a violation of section 223, 227, 227a, or 230, is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment for 2 years. Upon a second conviction under this subsection, the person shall be punished by imprisonment for 5 years. Upon a third or subsequent conviction under this subsection, the person shall be punished by imprisonment for 10 years.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(qwbdyie...l-750-227b

Like it or not, carrying or possessing a firearm of any kind during the commission (attempted or completed) of a crime is its own separate felony in the state of Michigan. And, if I’m reading that history tab on the bottom accurately, it’s been that way since 1976.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
So, there you go OLB. If you thought that no matter what you were doing with a long gun it couldn't possibly be a crime - you were wrong.

Does that change anything about your life? Does it not make sense? When you say "sense" do you mean that plainly or in some novel fashion whereby being a traitor planning some crime that involves a firearm......makes sense™? Does the fbi need to have a friendly talk with you?

You gonna go ruby ridge on us, man?
(March 11, 2021 at 3:32 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.227b Carrying or possessing firearm when committing or attempting to commit felony; carrying or possessing pneumatic gun; exception; “law enforcement officer” defined.
Sec. 227b.

(1) A person who carries or has in his or her possession a firearm when he or she commits or attempts to commit a felony, except a violation of section 223, 227, 227a, or 230, is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment for 2 years. Upon a second conviction under this subsection, the person shall be punished by imprisonment for 5 years. Upon a third or subsequent conviction under this subsection, the person shall be punished by imprisonment for 10 years.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(qwbdyie...l-750-227b

Like it or not, carrying or possessing a firearm of any kind during the commission (attempted or completed) of a crime is its own separate felony in the state of Michigan.
You are not paying attention.

As usual. 

They are reporting "illegally owning" not "illegal use of" a firearm.

BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

The code you inappropriately posted covers USE not OWNERSHIP....

(March 11, 2021 at 3:34 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: So, there you go OLB.   If you thought that no matter what you were doing with a long gun it couldn't possibly be a crime - you were wrong.

Does that change anything about your life?  Does it not make sense?  When you say "sense" do you mean that plainly or in some novel fashion whereby being a traitor planning some crime that involves a firearm......makes sense™?  Does the fbi need to have a friendly talk with you?

You gonna go ruby ridge on us, man?

go play in traffic little man....
(March 11, 2021 at 3:29 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The charge was specifically " illegally owning a long range rifle".

Are they going to charge them with illegally owning a car - that they planned to use in a kidnap?

Nope ...

Have you considered that he might be a felon?

Quote:The indictment alleges Robeson, a career criminal, possessed an Armalite .50-caliber sniper rifle, which is powerful enough to shoot a target more than a mile away.....Robeson also has amassed a lengthy criminal record. Wisconsin court records show convictions for having sex with a child age 16 or older, sexual assault, and bail jumping. Due to the convictions, Robeson is not allowed to possess a firearm.

https://news.yahoo.com/feds-indict-whitm...00493.html
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 11, 2021 at 3:43 pm)brewer Wrote:
(March 11, 2021 at 3:29 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The charge was specifically " illegally owning a long range rifle".

Nope ...

Have you considered that he might be a felon?

Quote:The indictment alleges Robeson, a career criminal, possessed an Armalite .50-caliber sniper rifle, which is powerful enough to shoot a target more than a mile away.....Robeson also has amassed a lengthy criminal record. Wisconsin court records show convictions for having sex with a child age 16 or older, sexual assault, and bail jumping. Due to the convictions, Robeson is not allowed to possess a firearm.

https://news.yahoo.com/feds-indict-whitm...00493.html

I did consider the convicted felon angle - but NPR did not report such. It seems they would have - or should have for clarity.

Thanks for the post - what news service? I still can' t find it..

Edit- nm - just saw link.. Literally doing 3 things at once here... Thanks again..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTF Israel? Brian37 17 783 May 18, 2019 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  WTF were they thinking files....... Brian37 11 1844 August 10, 2017 at 11:59 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  WTF, Bavaria? Minimalist 9 1479 November 28, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Justin Bieber disproves Big Bang Theory...wtf? ReptilianPeon 9 1747 October 3, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: MentalGiant
  Cuz, WTF...They're Just Women.... Minimalist 9 1735 September 12, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  The WTF were they thinking files. Brian37 17 1932 February 18, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist