Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Israel?
WTF Israel?
It is not anti Semitic to criticize a politician, or policy. I don't give fuck what country you live in. Western leaders should NOT be above the law. Come on Israel, I know you can do better than Bibi. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/net...pZ?ocid=st
RE: WTF Israel?
(May 14, 2019 at 11:18 am)Brian37 Wrote: It is not anti Semitic to criticize a politician, or policy. I don't give fuck what country you live in. Western leaders should NOT be above the law. Come on Israel, I know you can do better than Bibi. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/net...pZ?ocid=st

But if the law goes through, that means he won't be above the law.  He'll be within it. Which would be a shame.  He's a disgrace.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Okay, the first two paragraphs are contradicting themselves on the nature of the law and how it relates to Bibi's immunity from prosecution:

Quote:Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is planning to push through a new law that would allow parliament to protect his immunity from prosecution, as he faces possible indictment in three corruption cases, according to leaks to the Israeli media.

The new far-reaching bill would allow the Knesset, Israel’s parliament, and government ministers to essentially ignore any High Court of Justice ruling, Haaretz revealed, including the potential revocation of Mr Netanyahu’s immunity.

Bel Trew, does Bibi already have immunity from prosecution or not? Will this law give it to him, take it away, or reaffirm that he already has it?

Also, I know that a lot of criticism of Israel gets automatically branded anti-semitic, but where does anyone mention it here?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Okay, the first two paragraphs are contradicting themselves on the nature of the law and how it relates to Bibi's immunity from prosecution:

Quote:Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is planning to push through a new law that would allow parliament to protect his immunity from prosecution, as he faces possible indictment in three corruption cases, according to leaks to the Israeli media.

The new far-reaching bill would allow the Knesset, Israel’s parliament, and government ministers to essentially ignore any High Court of Justice ruling, Haaretz revealed, including the potential revocation of Mr Netanyahu’s immunity.

Bel Trew, does Bibi already have immunity from prosecution or not? Will this law give it to him, take it away, or reaffirm that he already has it?

Also, I know that a lot of criticism of Israel gets automatically branded anti-semitic, but where does anyone mention it here?

As it stands now, the High Court could remove Netanyahu's immunity from prosecution.  The new law would give the Knesset the authority to ignore such a decision (my wife is Israeli by birth, and she's livid over this).

Nothing in the article mentions or implies anti-Semitism.  I think Brian is just being proactive, because a lot of people assume that ANY criticism of Israel amounts to anti-Semitism (which is silly).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
See what not eating bacon does?
Okay, that makes sense, Boru.

(May 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Okay, the first two paragraphs are contradicting themselves on the nature of the law and how it relates to Bibi's immunity from prosecution:

Not anyone here. But I have run into conservatives who shout "anti Semitism" online.

GOP politicians use that line all the time when you dare suggest Israel can do things better or say anything against Bibi. 

Bibi is pulling the same shit Trump is because he is corrupt like Trump is. This really smacks of the same "fine print" crap you see in contracts and TV adds. It would far more likely benefit Bibi than it would hold him to account. 

Just like the bullshit term "Reverse Mortgage".  Orwell would hate Bibi as much as Trump.

"I didn't do what you think I did, but I will fake transparency". That is what this reads like.
Okay, when I asked “where does anybody mention it here”, I meant the article specifically. I am well familiar with the tendency to conflate legitimate criticisms of Israel (their tendency to escalate conflicts well past any point of moral high ground, their treatment of non-Jews, Bibi basically being Trump with an actual army background, their divorce courts [see Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem for more information there]), with anti-semitism. I just wasn’t sure if the remark in the OP was responding to something already said or trying to head off the “criticism of Israel=anti-semitism” types at the pass.

Does this surprise anyone in the least?

This guy is corrupt. Trump might see this as a good idea.
Dying to live, living to die.
Trumps likes his dictators.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation 11:30 (local Time) Iranian Drones were detected moving toward Israel Leonardo17 32 739 Yesterday at 8:54 am
Last Post: brewer
  Polio returns to Israel Foxaèr 1 180 March 15, 2022 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Israel and Palestinians exchange rockets Fake Messiah 5 473 May 12, 2021 at 7:28 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  WTF NPR? onlinebiker 13 457 March 11, 2021 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  With UAE deal, Israel opens tentative new chapter with Gulf Arabs WinterHold 89 4284 September 6, 2020 at 7:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Somewhere in Israel a Jewish Mueller, KUDOS Brian37 0 247 March 5, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  President Moron on Israel's capital Brian37 36 3124 December 22, 2017 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  WTF were they thinking files....... Brian37 11 1831 August 10, 2017 at 11:59 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Israel sold weapons to Argentina at height of Falklands War account_inactive 23 3871 August 25, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Head of Atheist org's home vandalized in Israel account_inactive 13 1832 January 26, 2016 at 1:46 am
Last Post: account_inactive