Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion vs Science study help
Religion vs Science study help
Hello, my name is Michael and I am a post graduate student currently performing research into the psychology of religion for my Msc with the Open University. My research is in measuring similarities and differences between scientific and religious thought. In this study I am looking at levels of open-mindedness between those who have religious belief and those who do not. I am in need of participants and I was wondering if there would be any chance of anyone helping me out by taking my survey? It only takes 5 minutes to complete and it is completely anonymous. If you would like to look at the survey this is the link:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/434062/Com...nded-Scale

I really would appreciate greatly any help you could give me. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected] or post here . Thank you for your time.
RE: Religion vs Science study help
(March 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm)MikeW Wrote: Hello, my name is Michael and I am a post graduate student currently performing research into the psychology of religion for my Msc with the Open University. My research is in measuring similarities and differences between scientific and religious thought. In this study I am looking at levels of open-mindedness between those who have religious belief and those who do not. I am in need of participants and I was wondering if there would be any chance of anyone helping me out by taking my survey? It only takes 5 minutes to complete and it is completely anonymous. If you would like to look at the survey this is the link:

I really would appreciate greatly any help you could give me. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected] or post here . Thank you for your time.

I would start with looking up the word "delusion" first.
(March 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm)MikeW Wrote: Hello, my name is Michael and I am a post graduate student currently performing research into the psychology of religion for my Msc with the Open University. My research is in measuring similarities and differences between scientific and religious thought. In this study I am looking at levels of open-mindedness between those who have religious belief and those who do not. I am in need of participants and I was wondering if there would be any chance of anyone helping me out by taking my survey? It only takes 5 minutes to complete and it is completely anonymous. If you would like to look at the survey this is the link:

Science is the thought of an ape that is a man. Religion is the thought of a ape that is an ape.

Big Grin

Scientific thought pursues evidence to come to conclusions, religious thought creates conclusions and ignores evidence. Scientific thought is based on what can be empirically proven, religious thought is without a logically consistent rational basis.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
Moved until further notice.
If anyone else could take 5 minutes to do this I really would appreciate it. Thanks.
I'll do the survey.
I took the survey and like most I found it to restrictive.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I got as far as #15 and gave up.

"There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are for the truth and those who are against the truth. "

You forgot about people who invent a "truth" in order to delude themselves and oppress others.
I didn't finish it either, because it keeps talking about beliefs like they are all similar. I may be convinced one day that Iron Maiden was more influencial than Metallica. However i'll never be convinced that freedom of speech is a plight on society or that small aliens are controlling Obama from the inside.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed for atheist/science films, CG especially skydivephil 3 952 December 14, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: c172
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 497 104865 October 25, 2017 at 8:04 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 0 454 September 13, 2017 at 1:48 am
Last Post: causal code
  Religious people find it harder to understand the world – study Fake Messiah 28 4505 November 30, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10739 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism is as natural as religion, study suggests zebo-the-fat 9 2139 February 23, 2016 at 3:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4909 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Study: Terrorists are motivated by Politics more than Religion Heat 23 4537 December 19, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: abaris
  Study: religious children are less generous and more judgmental Aroura 17 4513 November 7, 2015 at 2:42 am
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19829 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon