Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:34 pm

Poll: Do you support same-sex marriage?
This poll is closed.
Yes
92.94%
79 92.94%
Neutral Stance
3.53%
3 3.53%
No
3.53%
3 3.53%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage?
Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage?
Yesterday while discussing the legalization of same-sex marriage with a conservative relative, she claimed that the majority of Americans don't support the legalization, and that it wasn't just a religious thing. She claimed that a high percentage of atheists and non-believers don't support it. I thought I'd set up a poll here and figure out if that's true.

So if you're an atheist, please vote on the poll. If you're not, still feel free to add your two cents.
Peace ,  Heart , &    Jerkoff
RE: Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage?
Where is the poll?

Ask your relative for a non religious reason to be against same sex marriage. All the ones that I have heard are very easy to tear apart.

Yes, I support same sex marriage
Actually, that claim is just bullshit to begin with: The majority of Americans don't support same sex marriage? Since when was 46% a majority of anything?

54% percent of Americans (read: an actual majority) support legal same sex marriage, and the trend is that this number is rising, not falling. OP, your relative was talking out her ass.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
From what I've heard, the majority of Americans DO support same sex marriage, by about 60%.

I support it. I support adults doing whatever they want to do, as long as everyone involved consents to it. this neatly avoids what some people would call a slippery slope into legalized pepedophilia, beastiality, and necrophilia. Other things like polygamy, polyamory, and prostitution I don't have problems with. Incest is a bit gray.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Voted Yes. The only problem I have with same-sex marriage, is not the same-sex part. it's the idea of marriage and being legally-morally tied to someone as if they own me/I own them. Where's the fun in that?
(April 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm)Red Economist Wrote: Voted Yes. The only problem I have with same-sex marriage, is not the same-sex part. it's the idea of marriage and being legally-morally tied to someone as if they own me/I own them. Where's the fun in that?

It's not about ownership but about commitment. It shows that you intend to never leave that person, its kinda romantic.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's more a pledge of undying loyalty. Not saying your body and belongings are mine, and my body and belongings are yours.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Of course.

I'm not American though, I'm in England.

I can't believe this is even an issue in this day and age. Religion for the lose.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
yes. duh.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Of course I'm supporting it. I'm not an American, but as Esquilax pointed out, a majority of Americans is actually in favor of allowing same sex marriage.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI support Poll neil 45 1578 January 9, 2024 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  J.R.R Tolkien historical support of Franco of Spain, whats your view on it? Woah0 2 458 August 14, 2022 at 8:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1086 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 497 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2384 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Concert in support of Biden campaign Foxaèr 8 505 October 25, 2020 at 5:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1490 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1374 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1511 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama