Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local incidents from the 4th weekend.
Local incidents from the 4th weekend.
Blown off fingers, injured eyes, burns, fires, shootings,........... man the 4th here is fun.

https://www.facebook.com/OmahaScanner402/

Caller says the males are shooting fireworks at each other and out of their vehicles.

Omaha Police were in pursuit of a white VW that has bullet holes in it that took off from officers doing a traffic stop.

Shooting: 62nd and Camden Ave, 16 y/o shot.

33rd and Pine Street, Pile of fireworks on fire. Trying to use a garden house to put it out.

Shooting: 24th and Grant St., Officers in the area advising multiple shots fired near Jesse's. Possibly multiple victims down.

Omaha Police Department investigating a mass shooting where 1 person was killed and 4 were injured at 2311 N 24th Street early this morning.

Omaha Police Department investigating a shooting that left a 16-year-old with non-life threatening injuries at 65th and Fowler Avenue.

Water Rescue: Levi Carter Park. 809 Carter Lake Shore Drive West., Jet ski vs jet ski crash

M71 in route to Nebraska Medicine Code 3 TCC with a 71 y/o male struck in the face by a large firework. He has severe facial trauma to nose and left eye. He has an open wound that is bleeding. There is also intrusion into throat.

Plattsmouth Squad 2 in route Code 3 TCC to Nebraska Medicine with a 15 y/o male who has third degree burns to the right hand and deep lacerations to the palm.

Plattsmouth Squad in route Code 3 TCC with a 64 y/o male who was on a 50 CC motorbike that crashed into a light pole.

Bennington 611 in route to Nebraska Medicine Code 3 TCC with a 36 y/o male who has a blast injury to his right hand. An artillery shell went off in his hand. He also has shrapnel to his trunk and face.

Burn: 3232 S 42nd Street, Station 33

Walk-in firework victim, he is missing a finger.

And on and on and.............
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Local incidents from the 4th weekend.
Tequila and gunpowder don' t mix well.......
They mix fine.
All I have heard about around here is all the missing dogs and cats. Fireworks scare the bejebus out of them and they run. People all over town are either looking for their animals or trying to find the owners of animals that showed up scared to death.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 5, 2021 at 7:11 pm)brewer Wrote: Blown off fingers, injured eyes, burns, fires, shootings,........... man the 4th here is fun.

Caller says the males are shooting fireworks at each other and out of their vehicles.

Omaha Police were in pursuit of a white VW that has bullet holes in it that took off from officers doing a traffic stop.

33rd and Pine Street, Pile of fireworks on fire. Trying to use a garden house to put it out.

Shooting: 24th and Grant St., Officers in the area advising multiple shots fired near Jesse's. Possibly multiple victims down.

Omaha Police Department investigating a mass shooting where 1 person was killed and 4 were injured at 2311 N 24th Street early this morning.

Omaha Police Department investigating a shooting that left a 16-year-old with non-life threatening injuries at 65th and Fowler Avenue.

Water Rescue: Levi Carter Park. 809 Carter Lake Shore Drive West., Jet ski vs jet ski crash

M71 in route to Nebraska Medicine Code 3 TCC with a 71 y/o male struck in the face by a large firework. He has severe facial trauma to nose and left eye. He has an open wound that is bleeding. There is also intrusion into throat.

Plattsmouth Squad 2 in route Code 3 TCC to Nebraska Medicine with a 15 y/o male who has third degree burns to the right hand and deep lacerations to the palm.

Plattsmouth Squad in route Code 3 TCC with a 64 y/o male who was on a 50 CC motorbike that crashed into a light pole.

Bennington 611 in route to Nebraska Medicine Code 3 TCC with a 36 y/o male who has a blast injury to his right hand. An artillery shell went off in his hand. He also has shrapnel to his trunk and face.

I have long since hated the idea that morons, having been a former moron myself, hated the fact that laypeople can handle things that burn or explode like say professional fireworks professionals, much less firemen or demolition workers.

Long ago, when I was in my early 20s, I went to a friend's house, and he had a box of illegal fireworks for the state at the time, and crossed states to buy them. While we were celebrating the "4th" the box of fireworks were under a tree, in his front yard, and I don't know how it caught on fire, but it did, and it shot off roman candles and bottle rockets ect ect ect. I don't know how it didn't end up with his house or several houses didn't get burned down, I only can assume the garden hose solved it. 

Even long before that as a kid, I use to into firecracker brands, the types you would light the wick for the pack, then would pop one after the other 6 or 12 times. I even stuck these firecrackers into my Matchbox cars as a kid. I am glad I never got into the really layperson heavy shit known as "M-80s" which were akin to a quarter stick of dynamite.

Even with something seemingly "safe" like burning candles, that is fucking bullshit. If one is going to burn something, it is something you have to attend, from the start of the burn, to the end of it's burn.
We were playing with bottle rockets as a kid. One of my friends aimed one at me on the other side of a tennis court. It bounced off the pavement and hit me in the nose.

Ah. Good times.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Mortars and shells only belong in their approved launch tubes unless u want a real eye level light show...
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
When I was a kid we had dynamite.

Real. Fucking. Dynamite.

Not some pussy M fucking 80' s.

Dynamite. Fuse. Blasting caps.

And everyone in the family still has 10 fingers, 10 toes and 2 eyes.

You just have to be smarter than an inanimate object.
(July 5, 2021 at 9:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 5, 2021 at 7:11 pm)brewer Wrote: Blown off fingers, injured eyes, burns, fires, shootings,........... man the 4th here is fun.

I have long since hated the idea that morons, having been a former moron myself, hated the fact that laypeople can handle things that burn or explode like say professional fireworks professionals, much less firemen or demolition workers.

Long ago, when I was in my early 20s, I went to a friend's house, and he had a box of illegal fireworks for the state at the time, and crossed states to buy them. While we were celebrating the "4th" the box of fireworks were under a tree, in his front yard, and I don't know how it caught on fire, but it did, and it shot off roman candles and bottle rockets ect ect ect. I don't know how it didn't end up with his house or several houses didn't get burned down, I only can assume the garden hose solved it. 

Even long before that as a kid, I use to into firecracker brands, the types you would light the wick for the pack, then would pop one after the other 6 or 12 times. I even stuck these firecrackers into my Matchbox cars as a kid. I am glad I never got into the really layperson heavy shit known as "M-80s" which were akin to a quarter stick of dynamite.

Even with something seemingly "safe" like burning candles, that is fucking bullshit. If one is going to burn something, it is something you have to attend, from the start of the burn, to the end of it's burn.

Just so you know, the phrase ‘having been a former moron’ means you are currently a moron. If you want to state that you’re no longer a moron, the correct phrasing would be ‘as a former moron’.

Grammatical tenses matter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why correct him when he' s right?

Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy July 4th!! Jehanne 5 396 July 4, 2022 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  My Uncle Bobby Passed Away this Weekend Rhondazvous 21 1091 July 11, 2018 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  You're not all partying on the weekend. Foxaèr 28 4100 April 22, 2018 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Big trouble in little China? Local thing here. Brian37 13 2560 October 23, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your local killers. paulpablo 31 6974 July 15, 2017 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Happy 4th of July everyone! Alex K 30 3259 July 5, 2016 at 2:55 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Ruined the weekend Joods 24 2044 May 31, 2016 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  4th of July Cookout popeyespappy 27 2400 July 5, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  At your local dog park. Whateverist 18 5659 February 23, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: ElleBelle
  4th Godscreated 34 6143 July 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm