Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At your local dog park.
At your local dog park.
Thought you might enjoy seeing this video I found on youtube that was taken at my local dog park, Point Isabel. There is this older guy who who brings what looks like a couple of fishing rods connected with line with which he creates some of the most humongous soap bubbles I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxB3H7diY...e&index=14

I wasn't there that day but I took some photos of him at work another day.

Point Isabel is located on the San Francisco at the site of an old landfill. Here is a small map from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ptisab...#filelinks

Are dog parks popular in other parts of the US and the world? I'm pretty certain this is the most heavily used of our Eastbay Regional parks.
RE: At your local dog park.
We have a pretty popular dog park at the edge of a large nature preserve/golf park/picnic park/sports park/hiking system complex.

The dog park is standard. The rest of the park is pretty damn cool though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek..._Carolina)
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 22, 2014 at 2:50 pm)whateverist Wrote: Are dog parks popular in other parts of the US and the world? I'm pretty certain this is the most heavily used of our Eastbay Regional parks.

We don't have any here. I live pretty much surrounded by woodland/fields so there isn't much need for them. Only problem is people figure because its the middle of nowhere they don't have to pick up after the dogs.. Perhaps we do need one.
I take my two to a dog park twice a week and people don't clean up after their dogs there, either.
Yeah lots of people leave their dog's deposits uncollected here too. But all my buddies there fill every bag with anything near where our dogs go. As a result it never gets that bad. It also helps that there is almost always a breeze, the sheer volume of dog pee has got to be big number but all you smell is the salt air.
For a minute I thought I saw James Franko wearing a top hat.
My dog sucks at walking on a leash.

He's a little too pampered. :/
My pup loves the dog park. Enough that every time I grab my keys, he gets super excited thinking we are going. So I feel guilty every time I leave... (who's the pack leader?) He runs around and whines the whole time we're there. It's his particular brand of language, but everyone goes "Awwww, poor guy." All that extra attention. Wonder why he does it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 23, 2014 at 10:36 am)ElleBelle Wrote: My dog sucks at walking on a leash.

What exactly is the problem(s)?

Shutter was a pain in the ass on a leash but we've gotten much better. I might be able to suggest a few things.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 23, 2014 at 10:36 am)ElleBelle Wrote: My dog sucks at walking on a leash.

You have to remember that he's a dog. He can't make the big decisions.
Don't ask him if he wants to go for a walk. Put the leash on him and go.
Shorten the leash by sliding your hand down until it is about 8 inches from his collar - or whatever feels comfortable for you. Make him stay at your side. You set the pace and make him keep up with you. If he tries to pull away just keep going. You may have to tug on the leash a few times but eventually he will get the hint that when you walk, he walks too, and he goes where you are going.

Be The Pack Leader!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Local incidents from the 4th weekend. brewer 11 769 July 6, 2021 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  South Park. What you think of Cartman? Snideon 10 536 July 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: mediocrates
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1430 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  What are you feeding your dog? brewer 36 1577 July 14, 2018 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  What goes on your dog? J a c k 82 4317 March 13, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Big trouble in little China? Local thing here. Brian37 13 2522 October 23, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your local killers. paulpablo 31 6942 July 15, 2017 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Looks like we're rescuing a dog Jackalope 49 8483 May 22, 2017 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Happy National Dog Day. Whateverist 0 613 August 26, 2016 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  I think my dog is a Democrat KUSA 9 2305 March 30, 2016 at 9:11 am
Last Post: abaris