Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your weirdest/wildest dreams
Your weirdest/wildest dreams
We've all had dreams, those few we can recall left us with a lasting impression, some were unpleasant, others just plain bizarre. I've had quite a few involving zombie outbreaks, but from what I've heard of other people's accounts many of us have experienced that same fear, that basic survival response usually perceived from being pursued by some un-killable or collective mass threat or other, but I suspect these are merely authentic dreams that reflect our sensory experiences, or in my case playing way too many survival horror games.

No, the purpose of this thread is to find out what is the most intense and vivid dreams that you've ever had to date (not under the influence of drugs or alcohol).

I just had one crazily surreal dream the other night but I can't interpret its meaning, if any:

I was standing in front of my bedroom window from the first floor of my home overlooking neighbouring houses and meadows, I sought natural beauty, but found none, the world looked darkened, bleak and the colours were faded, almost corroded away. I recall feeling depressed at the sight and at my own pathetic existential problem, my lot in life. The sky was horrible overcast as if a torrential downpour was about to occur at any moment. Suddenly powerful summer breezes came from all directions randomly, and red/white glow was in the sky about 5-15 miles away.
I thought it was the sun but what emerged from the clouds surprised and captivated me; it was some sort of cross between a peacock and a phoenix, its feathers were unnatural almost ornamental, what was distinctive about its face was its human-like eyes, large and intelligent. What was amazing about the creature's body was that it wasn't literally on fire, the clouds its great wing span almost seemed to ignite, but it was radiating a full multiple colour spectrum in varying intensities.
I revelled at my apparent opportunity to catch a glimpse of this marvellous animal in action. I gasped as it flew by across the horizon and above the meadows because then I regained my sense of perspective, and realised it was actually quite a massive creature, about the size of several blocks of flats.
Despite its tremendous size the bird was so agile in the sky, almost unreal, it glided and took off like an Avro Vulcan jet bomber, reaching speeds and manoeuvring in the atmosphere like no other animal was capable of. Finally my gaze wandered off it momentarily since it was hard to observe it moving that fast and gracefully, I saw myself in the window reflection, deformed and colourless and felt intense self- hatred, I was so unlike this brilliant phoenix.
I felt worse than before, I couldn't love others or find that feeling reciprocated from anyone else. To me this creature now felt like another extreme, it no longer gave me comfort in my isolation, merely giving contrast, another side to the same coin that was my dull and miserable world that I regarded with indifference and I no longer appreciated either of them.
The once gentle winds had picked up violently snapping me out of my "day-dream", my first case for alarm was an idol parked car rolling over the streets; lampposts, signs and trees being torn up and thrown around helplessly in the gusts. I looked up and realised the phoenix was causing this somehow, whether it was its bodies' bright hot radiance meeting the cold air, how exactly didn’t matter, the bird was dragging the very clouds behind with it.
The giant bird flew around and around, at an incredibly fast speed, debris was flying everywhere as within the vortex the animal formed a massive tornado, slowly but surely approaching my house from across the meadows. The creature’s form was hidden from vision by all the debris and dust. As it drew nearer the suburbs was completely obliterated. I panicked it was practically upon me and I knew there was no way I could survive this. There was no way I could outrun this or hide. I screamed downstairs warning anyone else who might be there of the imminent danger and to try and take cover, even though I knew it was hopeless; this house would never withstand the sheer force of this most severe of weather disruptions. The walls rocked and shuddered as the cyclone came closer still, much of the roof was ripped off. I very much expected to die, but I didn't ... the storm formation was dying down, losing strength somehow. All the debris fell out of the sky around the damaged house. The rapidly weakening eye of the storm passed over and dissipated altogether.
All around I heard a strange humming, the air crackled with heat and energy, I looked out of the frame where the bedroom window should be and into my line of sight came the phoenixes head, it was perched above on what remained of the roof, peering under straight at me gazing intently with wide and curious eyes. It wasn't huge now; somehow it had shrunk itself down to the size of a small cat yet the colours emitting from it were as intense as ever. Unlike how I dismayed earlier at my own apparent inferiority in comparison of its brilliance, it on the other hand was notably happy just to see me and didn't want to stop observing me. I wanted to leave but was deeply afraid of offending/angering it and risk another storm being created. It regarded the colourless me with an insatiable interest I could not match nor maintain and I contemplated this, how alien it was...

Then I woke up, gasping for air.

Dreams are fucking weird.

I looked into reading up Oneirology, the scientific study of dreams. I'm trying to understand more about the functions of our brains. What bothers me though is the definition of my particular dream, its a illusory dream, that arrives from accumulating efficacy errors in the brain. Am I simply overly imaginative? Or do I have a mental disorder?
RE: Your weirdest/wildest dreams
My wildest dream:

During the dream, I was being chased by some random people who needed slave workers. I remember that I could run extremely fast and jump extremely high like the place was low gravity. But in the end, I got caught and I've became one of those balloon people constantly having air blown into them who flaps around shopping center.
NIGHTMARE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNaHQZrZ90
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Usually I can't tell the difference between my dreams and waking moments, but I'm fairly sure this was a dream:

I was walking along the beach at night and it was so dark out I couldn't see for the life of me. I look up at the starry sky and watch as shooting stars do loop-de-loops above me. I hear the sound of a creek, and, not wanting to get my feet wet, i close my eyes to focus in on the sound. I open my eyes and it's high noon, so I easily cross the creek. Then I wonder how far I've gotten, so I look back, and the beach cabin is about a mile away. I stretch and turn forward and I am in my bed, naked, with a rat erotically chewing on my left nipple. *censored*

Not unusual for me, but I am pretty sure it was a dream. I am nearly certain because I slept for 12 hours, and woke up at about noon. At best: I briefly woke up for the rat bit Angel
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 19, 2011 at 7:00 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I was walking along the beach at night and it was so dark out I couldn't see for the life of me. I look up at the starry sky and watch as shooting stars do loop-de-loops above me. I hear the sound of a creek, and, not wanting to get my feet wet, i close my eyes to focus in on the sound. I open my eyes and it's high noon, so I easily cross the creek. Then I wonder how far I've gotten, so I look back, and the beach cabin is about a mile away. I stretch and turn forward and I am in my bed, naked, with a rat erotically chewing on my left nipple. *censored*

Popcorn Interesting, somehow vaguely reminds me of Crystal Lake. Tongue
So... why a rat? Blush
(March 19, 2011 at 4:57 am)Welsh cake Wrote: Am I simply overly imaginative? Or do I have a mental disorder?

Probably neither.

My dream experiences that come to mind:

1. My home town has a charter fair every October. There's always a ghost train, which has a man in a gorilla suit in the top level. It's something of a tradition (since we were about 11) amongst a certain group of my friends for us to go on and give the gorrilla a hug.
When I was about 15, I started having a recurring dream that I was on the ghost train and the gorilla was chasing me. I had this about twice a week for a few months, then it just stopped, never had it since.

2. At 16 I went for breakfast one morning to be told by my mother that she'd found me in the bathroom the previous night at around 3am brushing my teeth and crying :S. That never happened again either (at least as far as I know, although I have a sink in my bedroom at the moment, so maybe I do it every night Tongue ).

3. About 6 months ago I started (controllable) lucid dreaming after switching back to a regular sleep pattern after a few months of polyphasic sleeping. They stopped after about a month Sad. They were very weird though; the nearest I can come to describing it is like being in Inception set in a world created by van Gogh Big Grin

4. Last week I dreamt that my teeth were starting to fall out. When I went to a doctor, I was told it was a result of putting a q-tip too far into my ear :S.

Quote:Dreams are fucking weird.

Seconded!
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
(March 19, 2011 at 7:59 am)Jax Wrote: Popcorn Interesting, somehow vaguely reminds me of Crystal Lake. Tongue
So... why a rat? Blush

I really have no idea, but the censored portion includes him morphing into a number of things that I will not name. This is the only thing that I remember off the top of my head that I am almost certain was a dream... my waking moments are not so different, though they usually change threads much more slowly and are more enjoyable.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I like dreams, weirdest shit happen in that world. I usually wake up when some physics law is broken in a dream, like the low gravity thingy, I had those too Tongue

Its funny you seem to feel that feeling you get when you fall, then I go "Wait, I cant really jump this high..." *pops awake*
As if I'm going to post them on a internet forum.

AS the saying goes " my momma never raised no stoopid children"

Suffice it to say it entailed a large barn,some Rubinesque nudes,me , a whip---- and a huge vat of baked beans,.Tiger
My weirdest dream... I rarely remember my dreams so a weirder one could have happened but this is from the top of my head.

I was rushing through my veins and arteries as if I was a blood cell and each time my artery pulsated I couldn't breath. I almost choked in real life!

I know it's not too interesting but it's all I remember.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1732 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  What is the weirdest thing... Haipule 38 4657 November 30, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Dreams WinterHold 1 365 November 27, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: chorlton
  What are your goals and dreams? Edwardo Piet 40 4288 November 6, 2017 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: c172
  Share Your Weird Dreams Shell B 24 9379 July 28, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Together we share ours dreams viocjit 41 5897 May 11, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Weird Dreams Mechaghostman2 31 2795 February 28, 2017 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Dreams RozKek 29 5526 August 11, 2016 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Recurring Dreams Bob Kelso 31 2297 July 22, 2016 at 3:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Share your dreams/nightmares robvalue 28 3093 October 5, 2015 at 2:36 am