Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Carlin American Dream
George Carlin American Dream
Anyone seen it? They said he owed the IRS 3 million after not filing properly for 3 years during which he said he was lost in drugs such as cocaine. But he said  he doesn't mind paying taxes and that he was complicit in it. Does this mean he purposefully didn't pay his taxes for 3 years or just complicit without knowing? Can you be complicit like that?
RE: George Carlin American Dream
Also in one of his bits he attacks the environmentalists and says they want more bicycle paths and want the world safe for their volvos. What did he mean by that? The volvo thing
That was quick.

[Image: gold_star___at_least_you_tried_by_demonf...Gt5XSh4GHE]
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Seriously, what happened there.
But since this thread is already started, I saw it and liked it a lot. I knew almost nothing about his early start and how he transitioned from a "straight" comic to the counter-culture image, so that was fascinating.
(June 28, 2022 at 10:44 pm)firebird Wrote: Seriously, what happened there.
But since this thread is already started, I saw it and liked it a lot. I knew almost nothing about his early start and how he transitioned from a "straight" comic to the counter-culture image, so that was fascinating.
The poster is someone who shows up under various names and was banned for that.  Certainly not banned for making posts about George Carlin.

Creating multiple accounts is simply not allowed around here...it's not allowed on a lot of forums I have visited.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Hello, good bye.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I loves me some Carlin. For a long time way back when, my religious view was listed as "Carlinist".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2653 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 370 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan WinterHold 50 3498 March 8, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7142 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  why are many american obsessed over maintainign the illusion of choice in healthcare? Cepheus Ace 8 1515 October 3, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  American Dies on Mt Everest onlinebiker 44 3876 May 29, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6754 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Now There Are Two Reasons To Toss George Will Out Minimalist 5 764 June 29, 2018 at 8:50 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  Justin Trudeau Goes On American Television To Protest Trump's Tariffs Amarok 11 875 June 6, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Trump administration backs Asian-American students in Harvard admissions lawsuit Alexmahone 26 2895 April 8, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady