Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayer
Prayer
Even babies get lethal cancer. And yet prayer is presented as good help. 

[Image: 893b915e17f4db5208c46bdff7abd04a.jpg]
RE: Prayer
Prayer does work, wether or not YOU believe it does is irrelevant, it's only relevant to the person doing the praying.

In relation to healing however, prayer does no good seeing how healing is a finished work, which is why the Bible states that "by his stripes we were (past tense) healed", you just need to have enough faith to accept it.

Science cannot contradict that fact hence they acknowledge that people can be healed solely on belief, also known as the placebo effect.
still waiting for some poison swilling pit viper chortlers to make the case . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 10, 2018 at 12:26 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Prayer does work, wether or not YOU believe it does is irrelevant, it's only relevant to the person doing the praying.

In relation to healing however, prayer does no good seeing how healing is a finished work, which is why the Bible states that "by his stripes we were (past tense) healed", you just need to have enough faith to accept it.

Science cannot contradict that fact hence they acknowledge that people can be healed solely on belief, also known as the placebo effect.

So, prayer sometimes works as a placebo effect. Right? The person doing the praying is the one doing all the work, not the god, because there is no god.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Or what about all the times that the placebo effect doesn't happen, or praying for someone actually leads to worse outcomes, as in the Templeton STEP studies?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
You keep telling yourself that, Huggy.  Next time you get sick just pray.... don't go to a doctor.
God never heal amputees.
"History is something that very few people have been doing while everyone else was ploughing fields and carrying water buckets." -Yuval Noah Harari
(January 10, 2018 at 12:26 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Prayer does work, wether or not YOU believe it does is irrelevant, it's only relevant to the person doing the praying.

This one healed me from halitosis.

[Image: th?id=OIP.EGtbLZaLBglpy1E1IAuXcQHaCS&w=2...=5&pid=1.7]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Two years ago, a member of the church where I work was diagnosed with colon cancer.  He was a brilliant 28-year-old cardiologist with a wife a new baby.
Not only did the church pray for him, the Diocese prayed for him, area Protestant Churches also added him to their list, and the churches of his co-workers did as well.
He was taken to the best doctors and clinics in the USA, and had at least one group prayer and anointing each week.  
He died.  Just as if nobody had been praying.  Now, all that prayer probably made his parents and brothers feel a bit better, maybe, but I dare anyone to go to his
6' 6" father and say "sorry, this must have been God's will and you'll find out why some day".   Yeah, I wonder how many millions of people it would take to get any actual proof of a God?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
This guy , Dr.Kazuo Murakami is doing research to see if prayer do something to your genes, but I don't know how valid he is , I can't find much on him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power of Prayer and Fear of God mcolafson 33 5260 September 19, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1915 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  A prayer before dinner Denverguy 48 6562 October 1, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Forced Prayer ScienceAf 33 6431 August 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Prayer to the God of Atheism Rhondazvous 21 3624 May 16, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Prayer: Biggest Hope and The Biggest Disappointment LivingNumbers6.626 8 2384 December 10, 2014 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism and Prayer ComradeMeow 22 3907 September 3, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Atheistic dinner "prayer" Eric9001 11 4884 July 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Prayer Studies Heywood 80 17633 May 22, 2014 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: archangle
  Atheists and Prayer Rayaan 56 13810 March 13, 2014 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Foxaèr