Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I watch after Sons Of Anarchy?
What should I watch after Sons Of Anarchy?
I'm finishing SOA, 4 episodes left - And god, I loved every part of it, specially after season 3. I've already watched Breaking Bad, so I was looking for a similar series. I love mob/gangster series/movies if that helps (like the Godfather and Goodfellas)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: What should I watch after Sons Of Anarchy?
Once Upon A Time?
Cosmos?
Depends on what you normally like.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
'Nephews Of Moderate Disarray.'  A classic waiting to happen.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Mushi-shi
Princess Tutu
Deadwood
Supernatural
I'm not much for TV dramas having had my fill of doctors, cops and lawyers; however, my wife turned me on to The Blacklist. Raymond Reddington is the best written and most intriguing character since Gregory House, and James Spader kills it.
Dexter is pretty cool. And it has quite a few seasons, so you won't be done too quickly.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Dexter
Boardwalk Empire*
The Americans
The Sopranos
True Detective

*You will love Boardwalk Empire.

ETA: The Wire
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
-House of Cards on Netflix has 3 seasons available to watch. Ruthless pragmatism at its very best. 
-I've heard True Detective  is far from a run of the mill cop show. I've never watched, but keep meaning to. I've seen
some clips on Youtube and it has Matthew McConaughey as nihilistic atheist alcoholic detective investigating a series of ritualistic occult murders in Louisiana. How could that not be good? Several seasons available.
-The  Walking Dead  is great show if you don't watch already. And there are about 5 seasons of that to binge watch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you watch soaps? Fake Messiah 23 1802 December 16, 2022 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1209 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone watch "Adam Ruins Everything"? Brian37 17 1666 February 2, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Watch Suggestions for TV and Movie Streamers Shell B 50 3560 October 2, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  ♫Should I stay or should I go...♫ (Not a music thread.) Gawdzilla Sama 7 892 August 17, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Movies you're not going to watch Foxaèr 53 6163 October 1, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watch VICE, yet again, completely miss the mark AceBoogie 12 1860 April 16, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: AceBoogie
  What should I watch now? Foxaèr 15 2243 November 6, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Let's watch a movie Excited Penguin 24 3378 July 16, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Has art jumped the shark after WWI? Alex K 142 16721 January 10, 2015 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus