Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion is a relic of the past
it should be written in the constitutions of Europe
this is development and progress
do you agree
RE: Religion is a relic of the past
Organized religion sucks but people should still be allowed to have their own personalized religions, if they want to. Not that very many people ever reach that level of understanding, but it should still be an option.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(November 5, 2022 at 2:22 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Organized religion sucks but people should still be allowed to have their own personalized religions, if they want to. Not that very many people ever reach that level of understanding, but it should still be an option.

religious people should not influence the lives of non-religious people
(November 5, 2022 at 2:27 pm)Interaktive Wrote:
(November 5, 2022 at 2:22 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Organized religion sucks but people should still be allowed to have their own personalized religions, if they want to. Not that very many people ever reach that level of understanding, but it should still be an option.

religious people should not influence the lives of non-religious people

Yeah I know.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(November 5, 2022 at 2:12 pm)Interaktive Wrote: Religion is a relic of the past
do you agree

No, I don’t agree. Governments should not be in the business of banning religion. They should be in the business of ignoring it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 5, 2022 at 3:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
do you agree

No, I don’t agree. Governments should not be in the business of banning religion. They should be in the business of ignoring it.

Boru

Me: "This guy over here is performing female genital mutilation in the name of his religion!"

Government: "Ignore it."
(November 5, 2022 at 4:02 pm)LinuxGal Wrote:
(November 5, 2022 at 3:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, I don’t agree. Governments should not be in the business of banning religion. They should be in the business of ignoring it.

Boru

Me: "This guy over here is performing female genital mutilation in the name of his religion!"

Government: "Ignore it.

You do understand the difference between ignoring religion and prohibiting a harmful religious practice, right?

Be less stupid.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 5, 2022 at 4:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 5, 2022 at 4:02 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Me: "This guy over here is performing female genital mutilation in the name of his religion!"

Government: "Ignore it.

You do understand the difference between ignoring religion and prohibiting a harmful religious practice, right?

Be less stupid.

Boru

That's two strikes, today.   Finding out what AF is really like, today.
(November 5, 2022 at 4:11 pm)LinuxGal Wrote:
(November 5, 2022 at 4:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You do understand the difference between ignoring religion and prohibiting a harmful religious practice, right?

Be less stupid.

Boru

That's two strikes, today.   Finding out what AF is really like, today.

What are you going to do when we get three strikes? Take your ball and stomp off home?

Boru
do you agree

No.  There are a lot of things which one may wish make into a mere relic from the past.   But to believe these could be consigned to the past by a mere decree, or a flurry of dictatorial actions,  bespeaks of a unwillingness to investigate and understand deeper causes and mechanism, a complacency with a single or a few view points, and a eagerness to resort to wishful thinking, that would make any religion proud.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4029 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
Rainbow Matter and energy can be past-eternal ManofYesterday 172 56619 July 3, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  atheism in centuries past watchamadoodle 32 8751 February 14, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Feel Embarassed or regret by ones religous past? bladevalant546 29 6868 August 13, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: jughead
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16352 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism