Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm...
How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm...
Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm going to get assimilated!!!

Everyone is talking about the killer comet, but what if one day we discover that there is a Borg cube coming our way? Is there any way to defend ourselves from all 8 billion of us getting assimilated? Would you fight or surrender? My guess is that they wouldn't take everyone.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm...
(November 22, 2022 at 11:20 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm going to get assimilated!!!

Everyone is talking about the killer comet, but what if one day we discover that there is a Borg cube coming our way? Is there any way to defend ourselves from all 8 billion of us getting assimilated? Would you fight or surrender? My guess is that they wouldn't take everyone. I mean, they certainly wouldn't want to assimilate Ahriman.

Sad to say, there is worse than that turd in the punchbowl living on this planet. The chump would be a classic example.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
RE: How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm...
Oops, my mistake, it's not the invention of the topic to be a discussion about a member of the forum, that just came as an afterthought so I erased the reference.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(November 22, 2022 at 11:31 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Oops, my mistake, it's not the invention of the topic to be a discussion about a member of the forum, that just came as an afterthought so I erased the reference.
Thank you for that.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

There is no reason to wonder about a nothing chance in the future when there are hard calls to make in the here and now.
(November 22, 2022 at 11:20 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Just maybe... Borg exists and I'm going to get assimilated!!!

Everyone is talking about the killer comet, but what if one day we discover that there is a Borg cube coming our way? Is there any way to defend ourselves from all 8 billion of us getting assimilated? Would you fight or surrender? My guess is that they wouldn't take everyone.

Cubes would have problems with an adequate propulsion system.
He retired from tennis in the early '90s and currently runs a successful sportswear brand.
Americans at this point after saving world in the movies so many times will be able to save us from the borg as well.
Haven't you heard?  The Borg Queen was just lonely. Assimilation was just their harsh way of trying to relate.  Don't judge.   Picard want back in time and his female companion became the new queen and created a strain of new Borg who just want to be friends the nice way. So, everything is fine.  You should not discriminate against Borg for this reason.

That's NuTrek for you.
[Image: 137219140_10157742258123144_968694175459...e=63A53CB6]

Resistance is futile
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on how to deal with xenomorphs? BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1866 December 22, 2022 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  On second thought, maybe I go to Mickey D's. no one 9 759 December 31, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Art of the Deal, Funny or Die movie of the Week Aroura 0 711 February 11, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Aroura
Thumbs Up APA Classifies Belief in God As Mental Illness Fake Messiah 15 5602 September 12, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Shining_Finger
  Humor...or maybe not... Minimalist 2 1232 May 13, 2013 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Chat Roulette Call Me Maybe Tiberius 11 3716 August 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Proof Lord Jesus Christ exists tackattack 6 4088 June 1, 2010 at 8:50 am
Last Post: mem